Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stolen dog returned.... advice

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭bigpinkelephant

I don't want to fight with anyone.
    All I am saying is that just because a black dog/cat's coat has gone brown does not neccessarily mean they are neglected and this goes for any dog or cat, rescued or any other. Bear in mind my cat looks like a Dobermann at the moment with the red/brown on her chest and face and I would be deeply hurt if someone thought I was mistreating her because of something they read on the Internet :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭BlackCat2008

I'm not fighting either I just found it comical they we came so far of the mark (I'll take full blame for it ) Your cat is beautiful and in both pictures she looks very healthy and well care for as her relaxed mood shows she's very content and anyone who says thats not a healthy looking cat needs to go to spec savers.The differents between your cat and the grey hound or a neglected animal would be very clear if they were put next to each other as vel says the gery hound would look woolly and dull not like your cat who is free to enjoy the sun and not have to worry about were it's next meal is coming from My grey hound was chocolate brown all the way trough and looked like he needed several bottles of conditioner Mined you they don't look heavy but I was layed up after putting him in a bath Just after in came in Hate to think I had to do it now thank god for mobile groomers what a job they have. Don't worry I think your more likely to get compliments on that beautiful colour running through her coat than complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

All I am saying is that just because a black dog/cat's coat has gone brown does not neccessarily mean they are neglected and this goes for any dog or cat, rescued or any other.

At no time did anyone say that if a coat goes from black to brown an animal IS neglected, rather that it CAN be a indicator of neglect. You seem to have taken personal offence at the comment and jumped in and made a debate out of nothing. In fact you jumped in and stated that something someone said was 'bull' yet you expect us to accept what you say as gospel. That doesn't really sit well with me.

Unfortunately, I don't have any photos of the dog in question so you will have to take my word for it, just like I take your word for it that your cat is well cared for. Furtermore, a picture can paint a thousand words. As I stated earlier I have experience of similar with my black cat so I accept your point. I take it that you haven't met a rescue dog in the condition myself and BlackCat2008 described, as I am sure you would have mentioned that by now and would have been less quick to jump in with 'bull comment. Maybe you are not best placed to comment on it until you have. I love when people who have no experience of the situation in hand are so adament that they are right:mad:

On that note, I'm not going to continue to contribute to this thread as I have made my point so will say adios for now!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

You were very lucky to get your dog back OP, congrats. There will always be these kind of scumbags around. Have to be vigilant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭BlackCat2008

gversey wrote: »
    Hi all, here is my dog which was stolen from my back garden about nine months ago. Last night a friend phoned me to say he had seen a dog on a website for sale and went to Wexford to buy it as his own dog had died in tragic circumstances couple of months ago, After he paid the man the money when he had got it home his wife said that it looked like the dog that went missing on me nine months ago. I drove up to him and sure enough it was my dog,recognised by me from some scars and colouring.( A man knows his own dog).We where satisfied that the person who he bought it from was not the theif and he had originally bought it from a guy from Dublin six months ago. The garda are currently investigating, Check out this website.... see if your stolen or lost dog is for sale..

donedeal.ie

Glan to hear he's home and safe.

I gversey I have asked the Mods to move the last few posts to another thread/forum as I feel that yours is more important (I'll still take full blame for us coming of topic)

I would like to ask if any one was aware that if your dog is stolen and turns up at the pound or spca with out ID that if the travelers appear and calm your dog was their own that the dog is handed over to them, I've been told by someone on the inside that sometimes the travelers clam dogs from there as their own even if they didn't steel them in the first place. I was just wondering If this is true ?. Can they give out dogs to travelers with out asking for a license's to prove it. In kildare they wouldn't even tell a friend of mine if his dog was in their over the phone their unless he had a license.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭gversey

Morganna wrote: »
    I know the seller in the ad of the lurcher he is an honest man .I just looked up ad and i find i know him and he is honest.

Oh i know, he was very helpful and understanding when he was informed by the guards.

Your cat is beautiful and in both pictures she looks very healthy and well care for as her relaxed mood shows she's very content and anyone who says thats not a healthy looking cat needs to go to spec savers...

Don't worry I think your more likely to get compliments on that beautiful colour running through her coat than complaints.

Vel wrote: »
    At no time did anyone say that if a coat goes from black to brown an animal IS neglected, rather that it CAN be a indicator of neglect.

You might want to read the thread again then so.

The part of this thread I responded to was "While talking to rescue groups I was informed that their was no such thing as a brown gray hound so sent a picture only one (orchard Grey hounds) was able to tell me gray hound change colour when they are sick or malnourished".
    You seem to have taken personal offence at the comment and jumped in and made a debate out of nothing. In fact you jumped in and stated that something someone said was 'bull' yet you expect us to accept what you say as gospel. That doesn't really sit well with me.

Please quote where I expected anyone on this thread to accept what I say as gospel. All I have done is put another point across which is that the sun can also affect the colour of an animal's coat.
    Unfortunately, I don't have any photos of the dog in question so you will have to take my word for it, just like I take your word for it that your cat is well cared for.

Charming. So are you implying that my cat is neglected?
    You have been very argumentative about your adamance that dogs can change colour through being mistreated but when push comes to shove you have nothing to prove it.
    I love when people who have no experience of the situation in hand are so adament that they are right:mad:

I currently have 4 rescued cats and have taken in and rehomed countless kittens and cats in need so maybe you're the one that likes to jump in with comments :rolleyes:
    On that note, I'm not going to continue to contribute to this thread as I have made my point so will say adios for now!

I won't miss being condescended anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Morganna

Oh dear this is really going way off topic now,

Advertisement