Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ninja Gaiden 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Vyse wrote: »
    Was actually impressed enough with the demo for it to warrant a buy. I'm sure the achievement points on this one are rock hard though:mad:
    A high level breakdown of the main achievements is (NO game spoilers, but I'll hide them anyway just to protect the sensitive):
    400 Points (Finish game, 100 for each of the 4 skill levels)
    Lots of 5 Points: Performing Certain Moves
    Multiples of 20 Points: Certain combos, accumulated moves, finding hidden objects etc.

The worst ones (and its been mentioned earlier in this thread) is a miserable 5 points each for completing the game with one weapon (so fully complete game 8 times for 40 points - insane)

On top of that, there are almost 300 points of hidden achievements...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Well, downloaded it on my brothers profile.

Gotta say I loved it. Before continuing, I should point out that I was a huge Ninja Gaiden (xbox) fan, so this will be biased!

Yeah the camera is annoying, a couple of times it managed to get a close up of a wall while I was mashing out combos against black-spider ninjas. Having a good right thumb is a must for this game!

The graphics are not the most impressive technically, certainly not as jaw-dropping as its predecessor's were 4 years ago, but the animations are still flawless and the limb slicing really takes the combat into the visceral artistry of kill bill. It's not so much gorey as it is stylish.

Combat is still fantastic. I read some reviews and people gave out about surroundings and the infamous "invisible walls". Frankly, you buy ninja gaiden to bust up bad guys in a million different ways, not to interact with the scenery. It doesn't pretend to create a living, breathing world on the scale of GTA4. The levels are simply theatrical backdrops, a canvas for Ryu to spray bucket fulls of crimson paint upon. I remember becoming familiar with several moves back in the original, especially the glorious Izuna drop. So i started out here with a lot of x-y bashing, thumping out random combos purely for the visual treats that ensued.

Anyway, I think for 32 euro its defintely worth a purchase. Ninja Gaiden 1.5 is a bit unfair in my opinion. Every successful franchise suffers from this problem. A great game can only be made better in so many ways. Halo2 had a few improvements across the board that made it better, but the feeling of familiarity was quite evident from the get-go. That's the case with NG2, it suffers only because the first was so good. Sure I haven't go to the exploding bosses and all the other unfair stuff in the demo, but I think that may have been more down to team ninja fearing the massive public expectation about a bigger, badder, tougher sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mancduff

32 euros:eek: where?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

mancduff wrote: »
    32 euros:eek: where?
    Play Asia, I assume (see about 8 posts up)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Got this in Game for 55 euro. Which isn't a bad price and some place are charging 70 for it.

Anyway not played this yet as I am in work, but will do so when I get home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Picked up mine today, really enjoying it. The camera can be a bit hammy alright, but it's not enough to put me off. Pretty much getting what I expected overall, Ninja Gaiden with more flying limbs! :)

Although those disabled ninjas that martyr themselves on you can get a bit irritating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Fun fun fun. Only bad thing is that I'm off to Portugal tomorrow so can't dismember more Ninjas for a week!! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,694 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Rented it out for the week and enjoying it so far. Playing the harder difficulty which thankfully does knock the challenge up more than a few notches. First boss wasn't too bad - only needed a couple of hits, but few game over screens before I learned most of his moves destroyed your energy bar completely.

But yeah: the first chapter and a bit are fun, challenging and visceral (hypergore: the chunks when you hit enemies with the staff are insane). It still doesn't feel much different at all from the first, but it still hits the spot.

Oh, and the amount of achievements floating around in the tutorial alone is mad! Only for 5G but still - loads of the damn things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Sweet game, camera is a bit monged at times but the flying limbs make up for any of that stuff. Playing on "path of the warrior" difficulty cos the "akolyte" seemed a little to easy on the demo....:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Got it today in game, 35 quid (i had 20 on my game card yeaaaah) and i got a redeen code with it that unlocked some new costumes. i think its great! The combat is hypnotic and the camera hasent been a problem so far, you just need to be aware of it and reset it if you think your gna be in trouble.

Stuck on the 2nd boss in the burning building, anyone got any advice! I tried it twice and took a break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

While the reviews on this game were right, even with the problem high lighted the game is great fun. Hacking off limbs from your enemies is just nuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,878 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

The screen keeps freezing on me when theres lots of people on screen.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,694 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

RAIN wrote: »
    Stuck on the 2nd boss in the burning building, anyone got any advice! I tried it twice and took a break.

Boss help (spoilered just in case):
    Just keep blocking - after he unleashes his attacks, get in with a couple of quick 'X' hits. If you have the life of a thousand gods (or whatever its called) that you get just before the boss, you can use that to recharge all your health (plus your nex extra bit) if you need it.
    ShaneU wrote: »
    The screen keeps freezing on me when theres lots of people on screen.

Yeah happens to me to - weird technical hitch. Sometimes the screen just freezes for a few seconds and continues on normally. not even when theres lots going on.

Thanks for the advice.Iv only seen the screen slow down twice and it was pretty minimal.Camera still hasent done anything uber criminal and the action is beyond addictive...im playing in acolayte and im about half way through the game but im thinking of starting again from the start on another difficulty setting as i didnt realise i could upgrade my weapons in the shop untill the end of the third level!!

Urgghh. ****ing
    zombie fish
    are back! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭bobtjustice

** Spoiler**

Boss help
    Anyone stuck on the the big silver slug fish thing on chapter 3 ...i keep getting destroyed by the f**k
    Any help

My god this game is nails hard.

My god this game is nails hard.

Are you on akolyte or warrior?

Are you on akolyte or warrior?

Warrior...perhaps a foolish choice as I thought I'd be ok being a hardend Ninja Gaiden 1/Black, pro :cool::rolleyes:

Bobtjustice hint
    The big silver fish aint as hard as he looks ,charge up your bow and hit him right in the face when he turns then leg it over to the side and block the white things that fall off him. After awhile i think he slumps and then hit him with a combo and again leg it.The arrows take a nice chunk off as long as you hit the face

Cool I'll give that a shot and see how I go, before the controller goes through the window.! :rolleyes:
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Warrior...perhaps a foolish choice as I thought I'd be ok being a hardend Ninja Gaiden 1/Black, pro :cool::rolleyes:

I'm on warrior too.... i never really played the first one, too hard!

This one seems a bit easier so far... still getting an awful case of sore hands though. It's a good idea to have a mate round so you can alternate turns i find! (is that cheating?) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,878 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I'm on warrior too.... i never really played the first one, too hard!

This one seems a bit easier so far... still getting an awful case of sore hands though. It's a good idea to have a mate round so you can alternate turns i find! (is that cheating?) :)
    you're only cheating yourself! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Finally got around to playing the demo this evening... I actually found myself saying "Holy crap, this is so ****ing awesome!" out loud at one stage:p
    Love the way enemies still attack you even after having an arm chopped off.
    Can't wait for the full game to arrive now

Just a quick question to anyone who has purchased the Asia version of NG2: I'm guessing the manual is in chinese/japanese, but are there any differences in the actual game that may make me wary of buying the 32 euro option on playasia??

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Just a quick question to anyone who has purchased the Asia version of NG2: I'm guessing the manual is in chinese/japanese, but are there any differences in the actual game that may make me wary of buying the 32 euro option on playasia??

I can't see it being changed in anyway for the Asian market in terms of gameplay. Other than your cut-scenes and dialouge being in Chinese.
    At least I'd hope that they wouldn't change anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I haven't played this since Friday, but I think I recall seeing that we have the option to switch between English and Japanese voice acting and subtitles. I'm sure whatever version PlayAsia are offering will have the same options!

Rite it has annoyed me.
    The werewolf boss is very very cheap,you beat the boss and then you instantly take on about 20 werewolfs afterwards and if the kill you ...you have to do the boss again !!! Such a pain in the ass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭Screaming Monkey

got the play-asia version today in the post. manual is chinese/english, the dialogue and subtitles are english (automatically went to english).. so its a win for 32euro + shipping

Cool, thanks monkey.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭collie1

RAIN wrote: »
    Rite it has annoyed me.
    The werewolf boss is very very cheap,you beat the boss and then you instantly take on about 20 werewolfs afterwards and if the kill you ...you have to do the boss again !!! Such a pain in the ass

lol yeah that absoloutly done my head my in

Advertisement