Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ninja Gaiden 2

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭Silver Serpent

got the play-asia version today in the post. manual is chinese/english, the dialogue and subtitles are english (automatically went to english).. so its a win for 32euro + shipping

Did you have to pay any duty on that?

Some people may get lucky n not get charged, but I'm sure alot would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭Screaming Monkey

Silver Serpent, no didn't pay any duty on it and its a cracking game BTW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Could this be cleared in a week with a few hours play each day?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,694 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

keen wrote: »

Rented it for a week and got half way through in about 5 days (got distracted by Rock Band for the last 2!). That wasn't playing too much though so it is possible if you really wanted to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

keen wrote: »

Yes, easily done in a few days. It took me around 11 hours to complete it.

• Advertisement

Rented it for a week and got half way through in about 5 days (got distracted by Rock Band for the last 2!). That wasn't playing too much though so it is possible if you really wanted to.
    TheWitch06 wrote: »
    Yes, easily done in a few days. It took me around 11 hours to complete it.

Nice one lads, gave it a rent last night for a week.

Have played it a bit and I like it, good game never played the first so can't compare the two, some of the moves are savage, love the seeing the limbs fly of as you hack your enemy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

collie1 wrote: »
    lol yeah that absoloutly done my head my in

piece of cake tbh. Equip that new weapon, charge up an ultimate technique and let rip..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Im on the level after the werewolf and im enjoyin it so far.

Whats been your weapon of choice?

Im inclined to go for
    the lunar staff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    Im on the level after the werewolf and im enjoyin it so far.

Whats been your weapon of choice?

Im inclined to go for
    the lunar staff.

Lunar staff or double swords.

One thing thats dissapointing is the fact that you get theese weapons but youv already leveled other weapons up to level 3 so as the game gets harder why would you use a weapon that week against strong baddies??? That makes me stay with the
    Lunar staff
    because you get it in the first level.

Just beat the infamous
    exploding ant eater baddie
    pretty tuff !

*edit*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Loving it. It's damn hard in places (playing on Warrior). I don't know if I'd have the patience (or skill!!!) for the higher levels but we shall see. Blocking doesn't seem to be as effective as in NGBlack. Jumping around like a man possessed seems to work better for me. That or they nerfed my Flying Swallow spam technique that I perfected in NGBlack :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Played Ninja Gaiden 1 and then bought black to play through, loved them both and the swallowed a massive chunk of my life, am currentlly playing II now on warrior.

Dear god the camera is beyond woeful. Some review pointed out the toughest opponent you'd battle is the camera, how true.

Otherwise really enjoying it, a few cheap bosses so far though.

The train boss on Chapt 3 is very cheap, mainly due to the camera. The 4th boss on the other hand was easier than the first Fiend minions you meet/chop up with.

Advice for people:

Switch the game saving to Manual via the options. I didn't realise this option was there but sometimes when you get to Chapter 10, you get to the first 'swamp' area, and enemies don't spawn and you're locked in. No way around it, seemingly, if it happens to you. For me, I basically have to restart the whole game again, which isn't going to happen.

Advertisement