Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs In Donegal

• 26-05-2008 2:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on the best place to look for work, ive been buying the donegal news, letterkenny post and the dealer etc for the past few months but never has a great selection of jobs worthy of applying too, same goes for Fas. My CV is currently in with some agencies, and I havent heard from them since :) Just wondering if anyone has any tips or advise on securing work in and around the letterkenny area preferable.
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

What line of work are you in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Westwood

I’m not really in any specific category, and not looking for a certain line of work, anything considered at the moment besides remedial monotonous work and should have a half decent wage at the end of the day, im not fussy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

That's a bit vague. What work experience do you have to date?

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Vinegar Hill

I would be interested in the responses as well. I have an MSc degree in a health field and 15 years experience. Unable to find work other then minimum wage :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Westwood

Well I dont have a degree but I have a wide variety of work experience from sales & merchadising to driving & warehousing etc. I would consider anything at this stage and was just looking to know what avenues people use to search out jobs besides the ones Ive mentioned.
    Also if anyone has any company recommendations of known employers that take on high numbers of employees I would be grateful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

a|wear are hiring! lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭blue shimmering

a|wear are hiring! lol!
    I would say a call into any of the larger stores eg, Penny's, Dunnes, Tescos and so on could get you a job - they are always looking for casual staff and maybe you could get something permenent out of it!

They pay higher than the minimum national wage especially after the initial probationary period, if you have sales experience and so on I would say they will be delighted to take you on board!

Lidl and Aldi also have jobs advertised all the time and they also take on graduates, I think they could be worth a call in too! Do also try the Career Guidance section in the VEC who can give advice on how to look for the perfect job - don't know the phone number but just ring their ordinary line and they will give you the phone number you need!

Good Luck with your job hunting, keep at it and don't give up!

Advertisement