Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bleach

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

Nah, Uruhara's voice in the English version didn't suit his character.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah it does, think it's perfect!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Extendo sword (I have forgotten his name) has a far better voice in english I think, his japanese voice isn't as evil as his english one.

(you know who I'm talking about.....the blonde guy, he's one of the captains who went with Aizen, but not the black guy, I can't remember as that last tea party filler episode has put me off bleach for a while, haven't watched in like 3 weeks!!!)

raah! wrote: »
    Extendo sword (I have forgotten his name) has a far better voice in english I think, his japanese voice isn't as evil as his english one.

(you know who I'm talking about.....the blonde guy, he's one of the captains who went with Aizen, but not the black guy, I can't remember as that last tea party filler episode has put me off bleach for a while, haven't watched in like 3 weeks!!!)
    Icimaru Gin, white hair, not blond.

His voice shouldn't be evil, that'd be silly. He may be a bad guy, but there's nothing wrong with him having a soft, non-threatening voice. It adds to his depth, as he isn't just being evil because it's fun. I can't see an evil sounding Gin suiting the Arrancar Encyclopedia sections.

As for Uruhara, he was a comical character, though when he was serious, he had a serious voice. God actors are flexible like that. The American VA just didn't give him any depth, he sounds he same all the time.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I agree with you raah!, much better in English, suited him well, kindof creepy. He has a great name too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

I like Uruhara's voice in Japanese, think it suits him quite well.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Yazacoo

[quote=Tara Le d'Arion;56071688 Plus soulreaper is better than deathgod and there are some weird differences.[/quote]

But shinigami is the best!!!

I can't stand the english.
    Like One Piece- what did they do when they dubbed it?? They killed the whole show, took away all the humour and christ they gave Sanji a bloody lollypop instead of a cigarette. My god. pshhhh

The Japanese is closer to what the Artist intended. Like I have no idea how the would reference some of the lines in the japanese like the fact that Ikkaku Madarame and Ichigo both have their names with the origins of One and waffle on about that for a while

Funky wrote: »
    I like Uruhara's voice in Japanese, think it suits him quite well.

I like his in japanese more than others all right but I think the English one id perfect. woot. different horses for...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Chronostearsxx

I think it depends on what you start watching first, i started off wathsing the japanese with subs and when i was well up in the episodes like i dunno 100 or sumting i took a look at episode 1 in english and almost died with horror when i heard the voices! its because the were so.... different compared to the japanese cast i had learned to assosiate with the characters! Even the accents anoyed me!haha i think i prefer my subs thatn the english dubs thanking you haha

• Registered Users Posts: 26 mankind123

The second filler arc has finished and was just wondering what people taught of it.

• Advertisement

mankind123 wrote: »
    The second filler arc has finished and was just wondering what people taught of it.

Pretty awful for a long time (considering how good the story was when they left to start this arc) but the last couple of episodes were 'okay'.
    Ichigo vs. Amagai was a pretty decent fight, but I'm waaaaaaay more excited to see the story back in Hueco Mundo..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Funky wrote: »
    Pretty awful for a long time (considering how good the story was when they left to start this arc) but the last couple of episodes were 'okay'.
    Ichigo vs. Amagai was a pretty decent fight, but I'm waaaaaaay more excited to see the story back in Hueco Mundo..
    i agree 100%.

I didn't like how I knew what would happen from the start. Since it is filler and made up? all the new characters have to be gone by the return to hueco mundo, ie they were bad and the captain was the head. :/ No way was such a nice guy so crazy too heh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

I stuck Bleach on hold after they returned from Heuco Mundo, the filler is over now is it?
    Is the big Winter battle starting to gear up now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

yay the real bleach topic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 mankind123

The Winter War has started in the manga and it has been very good so far.

The next few episodes will involve a lot of fights so it will be action heavy for a while.

Filler was mostly rubbish. Art was questionable, events were completely nonsenical at times.

Seriously, Ichigo goes all hollow in front of the Captain Commander, and the old guy doesn't even blink.

The characters were uninteresting, and felt throwaway, indeed, the only ones that survived were mostly there for comic relief.

The best part of the entire filler:

Ichigo just got teleported back to Hueco Mundo, and Orihime shows up with a copy of the manga and tells him to turn Bankai and go from this page.

The best part of the entire filler:

Ichigo just got teleported back to Hueco Mundo, and Orihime shows up with a copy of the manga and tells him to turn Bankai and go from this page.

Haha must say I did laugh at that, I was wondering how they would do the transition back to the real story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

Just a quick question about the filler episodes, i am roughly around episode 130 or so and the last few episodes i have watched have been fillers, is it all filler material until 190? I'm not really that enthusiastic about sitting through 60 episodes of crap to be honest, and if it is all filler, will i miss much if i just skip it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

The big filler arc doesn't start until 168 and runs up until 189.

You won't miss anything by skipping it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The big filler arc doesn't start until 168 and runs up until 189.

You won't miss anything by skipping it.

190 was mostly recap with side borders (due to the main arc ending back in the the days before widescreen 20ish weeks ago)

just watched 130 again, that was a mistake.

191 and .
    3rd Ancarr can't wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

It's still important to watch 190 though as half the episode sets up the next battles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

It's still important to watch 190 though as half the episode sets up the next battles.

It's important to watch 190 for the side bars

if i can see what i want to see in 191 on not have to wait longer (like another 20 weeks for it) i'm happy. :D

Ishmael wrote: »
    Just a quick question about the filler episodes, i am roughly around episode 130 or so and the last few episodes i have watched have been fillers, is it all filler material until 190? I'm not really that enthusiastic about sitting through 60 episodes of crap to be honest, and if it is all filler, will i miss much if i just skip it?

There is a few random filler episodes around the 130 mark, but they stop fairly quickly and it moves onto the Heuco Mundo arc. That'll go on til 168. You can skip everything from then until 189 if you want.

The first *half* of 190 is a clip show, a recap. But after that it starts again, and Espada number 5 makes his big comeback.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

I've watched them all up to the current one at the moment, the filler wasn't all that bad but then again i was able to progress through them fairly quickly and not have to wait for each new episode so maybe that made it a little less annoying.

painful to watch one at a time, might wait til there are ten more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Just wondering, can I skip the new Captain Arc, or is there bits of canon thrown in?

You can skip it altogether.

The first episode of it gets thrown in during a fight scene.

When the filler arc ends, it jumps right back to the fight it interrupted. There is nothing of importance in it.

Though I'm glad to say, the new episodes are getting awesome again.
    **** Yeah Kenpachi!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Though I'm glad to say, the new episodes are getting awesome again.
    **** Yeah Kenpachi!
    Neliel ftw!
    Now that we're out of the filler again, I can remember why I love bleach so much... Even the annoying characters are being given purpose now

• Advertisement

I'd hit that goat neliel!
    Some good fights coming up!

Advertisement