Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer accommadation

Options
  • 26-05-2008 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    I am doing my work placement in Cork from the 10th June - 29th August.
    Will be working in Musgraves on the Tramore road. Just wondering what people think is the best accommodation to get. €85 a week is my max budget.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 keeffe2001

victoria mills is €70 euro a week in the summer i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes student accommodation is probably best. Have you any experience of living in Victoria Mills?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

from what iv heard v.mills is a hole and dirty but as i said thats just what iv heard. ring ucc and get the accommodation office. or look on daft.ie a lot of nice student accommodation comes down for the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,693 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

as was said, check the accomadations office in UCC as well as daft. Also just walk around the UCC area (college road, connaught avenue, down around Barrack St) and you'll probably find a fair few signs in windows. Worth checking the echo as well. Around college and barrack st you could find reasonably decent places for as low as 45euro's with all the students gone for the summer and only short term stays (till end of august) being feasible for the landlords.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭SQDD

Hi Tuxy,

Regardsing Vicky mills, it's not a $hithole, it is easily the nicest student accomodation there (well, joined with ucc village), E70 is reasonable for the summer.

However, you will easily get a house for the summer for E50 a week, they probably won't be advertising on daft tho as the landlords will be looking for cash for them - just walk around the streets of college, you'll see signs on the windows of houses advertising availability with a phone number.

Don't pay more than E60/week unless the place is a palace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Nice one guy, thanks for the advice it's been a big help. I will walk the streets near the college and if I can't find a place I like will settle for one of the student villages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Village Accommodation Victoria Cross Cork it cost about €80 per week

Advertisement