Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corks best pub (Now with added Poll, out the back)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Rearden's (Atari Jaguar)
    Slainte, if only for the hottest barmaid in Cork working there!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Rearden's (Atari Jaguar)
    That the asian girl?

I fell in love with a glass collector at the Crane Lane the other night. So ****ing hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Sober Lane is decent enough. Suprised it isn't up there!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

Nancy Spain's
    This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭corkgal1981

The Bodega
    jimboddb wrote: »
    Really not sure bout Tom Barrys some times.Its a great location and the pub itself is excellent but we were asked to leave you night for singing happy birthday, now we may have been too loud but throwing us out was bit much. Place has left a bad taste in my mouth on more than one occasion actually.

Thats so funny! I went there with a few other girls one night and we were asked to keep it down! Now in fairness, its been commented on before that we're a very quiet bunch! We had just ordered drinks when we were asked to keep it down, we drank up, left, would never go back - the staff are weird! We were really flabbergasted as we had barely spoken!

The Quad gets my vote! Old Brog would get my vote if I had a time-machine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Rearden's (Atari Jaguar)
    Kold wrote: »
    That the asian girl?

I fell in love with a glass collector at the Crane Lane the other night. So ****ing hot.

Yup thats the one!
    Also for bringing a lady or for a quiet pint illuminated by a candle with a man on a mandate, the mutton lane is quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭AFC_1903

The Slate
    Many of the pubs are't as good as they used to be!

Tom Barry's - Staff have got a bit millitant...
    The Oval - better atmosphere(IMHO) before refurbishment - esp on kegs at back!
    Costigans used to be class, but too many tools in there nowadays (exc boardsies of course!)
    An Brog - Remember the good old days!? Full of posers now.
    The Quad used to be class, now has sod all atmosphere.

Non-poll option pubs:

Fredz is too shiny. It started going downhill when the bike was taken off the wall. :mad:

The Hairy Lemon - Gone :(
    Aoife Landers - Gone :(
    The Wolfhound - Gone :(
    Lebowski's - Gone :(
    Issac Bells - Gone :(

And the Clubs/club nights?

Sir Hendrys - Gone :(
    Club One - Gone :(

Planet Of Sound - Gone :(
    Freakscene - Gone to crap :(
    Camoflage - Gone :(

What I think anyway, and I know i'm missing many other places that others will mention..... Deja Voodoo's etc. Feel free to discuss ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭corkgal1981

The Bodega
    I had forgotten Camouflage...I miss it now :( Havent been to Freakscene in years but its meant to be full of these 'emo' kids now.

The Slate
    Yeah, I miss Camoflage too, esp from the Half Moon days! You're pretty much right about Freakscene, last time it was decent was in One (closed almost 2+1/2 years now), and even then it wasn't at it's peak.

RIP Cork clubbing scene methinks, tho its been dying for years now! But who knows fits around the corner.....

:fingers crossed smiley: ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

The Slate
    I had forgotten Camouflage...I miss it now :( Havent been to Freakscene in years but its meant to be full of these 'emo' kids now.

its so so bad,though a cheap night if your really stuck and can get over the hilarious haircuts of the emos. there is a new night starting in the liquid lounge its an urban one meant to be very good think its on thursday nights. the club thats on the in the everyman is meant to be very good though i have yet to embark on an adventure up there. if the savoy wasnt full of 18 yr olds it would be a good club. costigans is full of the tossers and posers (excluding boardies) that got refused from soho its horrible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭bill_ashmount

Nancy Spain's
    AFC_1903 wrote: »

Tom Barry's - Staff have got a bit millitant...
    The Oval - better atmosphere(IMHO) before refurbishment - esp on kegs at back!
    Costigans used to be class, but too many tools in there nowadays (exc boardsies of course!)
    An Brog - Remember the good old days!? Full of posers now.
    The Quad used to be class, now has sod all atmosphere.

Non-poll option pubs:

Fredz is too shiny. It started going downhill when the bike was taken off the wall. :mad:

The Hairy Lemon - Gone :(
    Aoife Landers - Gone :(
    The Wolfhound - Gone :(
    Lebowski's - Gone :(

And the Clubs/club nights?

Sir Hendrys - Gone :(
    Club One - Gone :(

Planet Of Sound - Gone :(
    Freakscene - Gone to crap :(
    Camoflage - Gone :(

What I think anyway, and I know i'm missing many other places that others will mention..... Deja Voodoo's etc. Feel free to discuss ;)

:( Depressing but true........

• Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

Rearden's (Atari Jaguar)
    AFC_1903 wrote: »

That was my absolute favourite, I'm going to be depressed for the rest of the evening now! I miss the Lobby as well, went to some good gigs upstairs.

The Slate
    opus wrote: »
    That was my absolute favourite, I'm going to be depressed for the rest of the evening now! I miss the Lobby as well, went to some good gigs upstairs.

How the hell did I manage to miss out The Lobby! :eek:

Was just listening to a Damien Rice bootleg from him playing there in 2002 there last night. Never went there enough tho, a by-product of being the other side of the city center - and lazy!tongue.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

The Lobby was a fine spot indeed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 31,693 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Rearden's (Atari Jaguar)
    the Blues Bar was also a pretty cool change, while it lasted..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Not long enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

Nancy Spain's
    This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Tipsy7

Dan Lowry's
    It has to be The Castle Inn.

The guy who plays the guitar & sings is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Rearden's (Atari Jaguar)
    Tipsy7 wrote: »
    The guy who plays the guitar & sings is brilliant.

Oh that guy..

Advertisement