Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Recruitment agencies?

• 26-05-2008 2:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭

Was gonna put this in Work and Jobs but then thought this would be better.

Does anyone know what the best ones are in Galway?

Im just looking to see whats around really....I have used cpl before so i dont wanna go back to them.

Its sales/telesales job im looking for.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭King John V

Have you tried fas Ireland? Not sure what the jobs are like but worth a look maybe.
    http://jobbank.fas.ie/servlet/Watis?SESS=12606_6&BACK=BACK&TEMPLATE=WWW_JS_VAC_CRITERIUM_SELECT.HTM&OBJECT_ID=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

yeah ive had a look but i want to register with some agencies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Jugs82

Sigmar are pretty good from what i hear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

personal expieriences?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I try not to go near recruitment agencies. You don't need any qualifications to set up your own one if you wanted!
    I would'nt go near them tbh.

ICEGroup have a good reputation though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Why not use CPL again - were they crap last time? If its just a case of you thinking they will be like 'not this guy/girl again..' I would not worry about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Cregg were decent when I used em, tho i think they mainly only recruit for medical device manufacturing places..

pix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 chiempi

I used ICE when I first came here, they found me a job within 24 hours - admin/reception work, but you might find something in telesales. I was registered with Hays as well, and they've been pretty good about phoning every couple of months to check what my status is. I got my current job through I think Gerry Burke Recruitment - he called me because he'd seen my CV on jobs.ie or monster or whatever... so definitely worth putting it up there!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 bubble_bee

yea ICE are really good actually, would defo recommend registering with them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭hobnob101

Hmmm. some interesting posts here. I think you should read this article on using recruitment agencies before you go and join up with any. Recruitment agencies can work really well for you but you have to be careful about which ones you use. This is particularly true now as the economy takes a nosedive and recruitment consultants get desperate. As a result we are seeing bad practice in recruitment increasing. It will settle out as more recruitment agencies go to the wall and the better ones survive but be wary. 25 percent of recruitment consultants employed in 2007 are no longer working in recruitment. It's a dog eat dog business so you need to build a good relationship with your recruitment consultant/s and make sure that you will be well represented by them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Have found Ice Group decent enough, even though they have nothing in my line of work at present....Cregg purely recruit for the medical devices industry as far as I know(think Boston/Medtronic and you get the picture), Collins McNicholas by far the worst IMO....

Brgds
    Johnny

Advertisement