Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PLC interview tomorrow

Options
  • 26-05-2008 2:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

You have to be like top of the class to even get into a nursing course.. and it's only specific colleges that accept plc entrants.

Plcs seem to some people like they would be easy, but they are very demanding. A lot of hard work and commitment is involved as you need to do really well in order to get into college.
    Only about 1 or 2 out of 50 or so get to actually do their course of choice in college.

Personally, I wouldnt advise doing a PLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Enright

from what i know
    if you do a plc, you can do FETAC modules, there are different levels, most people do level 5, if you do 8 modules, and get 8 distinctions, then you are entitled to 400 pts. check out the fetac website for more info

However not all colleges accept plc appliciants

It would be best to check with the college

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

Yeah, it's true.

One of my friends was doing one this year.. but when she realised what she needed to do to actually get into college, she just dropped out and is currently repeating.

I really cant imagine anything worse then a plc.

They are such wastes of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭pawrick

as far as i am aware Dundrum are offering the FETAC level 5 award in Nursing - level 5's aren't too difficult from what I've been told but they are a good introduction to an area of study and can be a way to bypass the points system if you do well on your PLC - check directly with Dundrun to see what arrangements they have with 3rd level colleges as it can vary depending on the provider (obvioulsy some providers would be better than others so more students may be let in also some do extra modules rather then the minimum to get the L5 cert )

also it probably only applies to getting into a related 3rd level course - so level 5 in nursing shouldnt get you into engineering?

btw some are a waste of time but others aren't - buyer be ware etc. - just check out the provider and see if they have a good rep.

• Advertisement
Advertisement