Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caramal Waffles

• 26-05-2008 3:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭

Had one for the first time the other day and my God are they good. Anyone else like them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Like a Belgian waffle made on a waffle iron or something just called Caramel Waffle?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

They're a dry, thin waffle shaped biscuit thing that have a very thin layer of caramel inside (if the OP and I are thinking of the same thing).

These are dutch ones that I've had:

1561735648_4174d1ec8d_o.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Ok, but a bit too sweet for my liking. Belgian waffles with chocolate however....Mmmm

waffle.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Ye Faith they're the one's I'm on about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

WindSock wrote: »
    Ok, but a bit too sweet for my liking. Belgian waffles with chocolate however....Mmmm

waffle.jpg

Sweet mother of.....I want!

Stupid strawberries ruin them though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Tetra

Faith wrote: »
    They're a dry, thin waffle shaped biscuit thing that have a very thin layer of caramel inside (if the OP and I are thinking of the same thing).

These are dutch ones that I've had:

1561735648_4174d1ec8d_o.jpg

Where did you get them?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Tetra wrote: »
    Where did you get them?

Someone brought them back for me from Holland. I've seen similar ones here. They had a type in Starbucks and I'm sure you'd find them in other places here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

There's packets made by the organic company Bunlaun or however you spell it. In tescos (probably other places) in the organic section, caramel ones, hazelnut ones and there's another type too I think. 6 pack for a few euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

star-pants wrote: »
    There's packets made by the organic company Bunlaun or however you spell it. In tescos (probably other places) in the organic section, caramel ones, hazelnut ones and there's another type too I think. 6 pack for a few euro.

Yup, Tesco and I've seen them in larger Super Valus too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I find them very sickly I must say...

THIS place knows how to make waffles. mmmmm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Princess78

The absolute best way to have these is: Get a hot mug of coffee (would work with tea too). Place waffle on top of mug and allow to melt slightly. Absolute heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Damn, shouldn't read this forum before lunch... so hungry! And I only have salad to look forward to... D'oh!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭SnoozySuzie

The waffles from Spurs steakhouse in LiffeyValley Shopping centre are the nicest ever. I could happily live on them :p

Advertisement