Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help to decide on health insurance package

Options
  • 26-05-2008 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I have the option of either choosing VHI Plan B or Quinn Health Essential Plus No Excess. I have reviewed both and am having difficulty deciding which is best. haha would be easier if my employer just said "You're having that one.."

Anyone have any experience. I was with VHI during my last employment but never really needed to use them so dont know how they actually compared to Quinn.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    X

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭kaiser sauze

I'm not going to advise you either way, but do not completely omit Vivas from your shoparound.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Essential plus with no excess sounds like a good deal to me. The excess generally ensures that the average punter cant make a claim as their allowed expenses are two small - Both companies only allow so much of every expense to be submitted as part of a claim eg €20 per doctor visit. If you have to apply an excess on top of this you have to spend a heck of a lot on medical bills before you get anything at all back

Check what the excess is on the plan B, after that, theres not a huge difference between them, unless you are in some part of the country where the insurer has no relationship with the local hospital

Advertisement