Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My new build woes

Options
  • 26-05-2008 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

Following on from my last post here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055294667

I went away on purchased a new motherboard.

I bought from elara.ie and got this as I was able to get it fast:
    http://www.elara.ie/products/detailsfull.asp?productcode=ECE1326199
    the P5N32 - E

Now I am having the exact same problems. No error beeps, no post and nothing on screen. I have been over everything a dozen times and still can figure it!

I’m not even sure if this new board is supposed to give me beeps or a post tone. The last board had something called a D-Bracket which didn’t actually come with the board as the manual said it was 'optional', (Thanks MSI) that had led lights to trouble shoot. This has no lights or sound (beeps or post)

I have striped everything away and just had the CPU plugged in – Nothing, still no beeps

Everything out, including the CPU – Nothing. The PSU turns on but powers off which I presume is normal? Still no beeps

Plugged CPU and GPU in, no RAM, no beeps!

I’ve set it up on some cardboard so its not in the case. Both power connecters are attached to the MoBo

Totally lost here!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Ishindar

sounds like its either your PSU or your CPU. u could check the PSU simply with a multimeter. disconnect the psu from your system and turn it on set mulitmeter to dc volts and check u have your +5 & +12v. only way to check the cpu is to try another or try it in another system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackgold>>

Fuse in the plug?:) (it happens)
    If you don't happen to have a multi meter and know what pins to connect it to....
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56059358&postcount=2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

yeah I agree, I'm putting it down to the PSU or the CPU. I'll be able to get my hads on a 2nd PSU (i have one in Cork) at the weekend so hopefully that works if not then I will ahve to return the CPU!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Try the PSU on a different PC or try a different PSU.
    Try different RAM - I had trouble with RAM and was getting POST errors contrary to what the manufacturers listed. Though saying that you should probably get beeps with a CPU and no RAM.

Are you sure the motherboard is mounted and connected correctly? Screwing it in right is important as the screws provide an earth route from the board.

If it's not any of that it may well be the CPU. Are you certain the motherboard supports that CPU with whatever BIOS revision it came with (it prob won't be the latest)? I know there was a second revision of the Q6600 that came out last year (G0 stepping, earlier was B3) - I don't know if that caused compatibility problems.
    Fuse in the plug?
    There would be no powering up at all if the fuse was blown.

Advertisement