Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lads... tell me to stop.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

stop!

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭digitalage

If you can afford it, why not! If you can't Stop!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

hammertime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

I say a big fat GO:D! And plus you'll have something more worthy of a VAG drivers mod by buying something owned by VAG's new parent company :p!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Mark, don't let the boys on the radio forum see you looking at cars like this! They'll be clamping down on your wages :)

STOP ! ! !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,105 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

mmmmmmmmm cayman S

id say go for it :p

oh and itd be the first one for me ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

I take it you didn't go for the M3?

If not, then go for it! That'd be a deadly motor to be baitin' around in for the summer.
    If you did, then for the love of God, STOP! Besides the sheer cost of buying these fine motors, you're making the rest of us weep with envy! It's not fair...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭MarkN

Didn't go for M3 no. Can't justify it over the 335.

I work so bloody hard cars are my only luxury so I'm just thinkin should I stop beating around the bush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

MarkN wrote: »
    Didn't go for M3 no. Can't justify it over the 335.

I work so bloody hard cars are my only luxury so I'm just thinkin should I stop beating around the bush.

Yeah stop beating around the bush and buy it :D

BrynW wrote: »
    Yeah stop beating around the bush and buy it :D
    +1. You only live once!

Now if only I could afford to be buying cars like that. Oh well I can always keep on dreaming....:o:D!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Dont buy the camen s buy a Z4M car or a 911

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

For gods sake if your going to buy a Porsche buy a 911.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

I say do it. Maybe your car buying might negate some if the economic slowdown!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

For the love of God don't buy a Cayman when that kind of money would get you a 993. Don't get me wrong, the Cayman is a cracking car - but a 993 is the pinnacle of the 911 family.

There aren't many examples knocking around this country but there are some very nice examples in the UK. I would do terrible things to get my hands on a beast such as this;

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C42271

There are lots of C2S' and C4S' around for much cheaper than the almighty Turbo. Good examples of the 993 are now appreciating in value and if you look after them they can be a very rewarding investment. However, that being said an investment is the last reason why you should buy one.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭alpina

+1 on the MZ4, coupe is one serious car & seriously individual, you know that once you get a Cayman you are going to have the usual, it's not a 911 is it, bla bla ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭MarkN

First of all, people that say it's not a 911 don't bother me. I would happily drive a Boxster S on the same basis.

I don't have the money to run a 993, I much prefer the 997 but they're still a bit too much at the moment.

There's something very nice about the Cayman, I've only driven one but a cracking car.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

First of all, people that say it's not a 911 don't bother me. I would happily drive a Boxster S on the same basis.

I don't have the money to run a 993, I much prefer the 997 but they're still a bit too much at the moment.

There's something very nice about the Cayman, I've only driven one but a cracking car.

Totally agree. Drove a Cayman S in the UK last year - its sweet as a nut to drive. If you are prepared to wait the new facelift 997 is due out next year, this should have a favourable effect on prices of older second hand 997s.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

match 5 numbers and the bonus and the lotto will give you one for free LOL

if you can, go for it, nice car imo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you...

Rant over :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,427 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Cayman is a cracking car. You will not be disappointed. Go for it, Mark!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Holy crazy depreciation figures Batman!!!!!

Mark how long have you had the 335i? Not even 6 months right! I suppose as everyone has said, if you really like the cayman and can afford it, why not! (Istill think your crazy tho :)).

I was jealous about the S3, now its just getting ridiculous! :pac:

// Note to self: Never open a thread started by MarkN again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Remember that the only reason why the Cayman isn't faster than the 911 is because Porsche wouldn't fit some sort of diff. That tells you all you need to know about how good it must be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

E92 wrote: »
    Remember that the only reason why the Cayman isn't faster than the 911 is because Porsche wouldn't fit some sort of diff. That tells you all you need to know about how good it must be.

...and sadly how flawed the 911 concept is...(blasphemy I know)... I can't help thinking that the mid-engined layout is under-utilised by Porsche. Would they dare grab the nettle and move the 911 engine in front of the rear axle?:confused::eek:

I presume your line of work is 'recession-proof':D

Dare I say it, but if you changed car a little less often and were spending a little less on depreciation, you probably WOULD be in 911/Aston V8 territory by now:cool:

pburns wrote: »
    ...and sadly how flawed the 911 concept is...(blasphemy I know)... I can't help thinking that the mid-engined layout is under-utilised by Porsche. Would they dare grab the nettle and move the 911 engine in front of the rear axle?:confused::eek:
    Why would they do that? Isn't mid ship best for balance, especially when it comes to bigger, heavier engines? In your opinion (not being confrontational, just curious), what is a better execution of mid ship engine layout?
    pburns wrote: »
    I presume your line of work is 'recession-proof':D
    Mark's car buying is the only thing keeping us from slipping into a recession!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

kbannon wrote: »
    stop!

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Get one before Gormley and Co. drive (no pun entended) these cars from our shores altogether.

€2000 tax on a car that costs €101,000 new is nothing really and not going to discourage anyone from buying one.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,427 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

bazz26 wrote: »
    Get one before Gormley and Co. drive (no pun entended) these cars from our shores altogether.

More likely we will drive Gormless from our shores first. He had the chance to make a real "green" difference but he didn't have the balls to go for it. He and his party surely must have lost all respect from both the traditional green party members and the new environmentally aware voters likewise.

Anyway, back on topic.

OP loves his cars and he can afford a Porsche Cayman S. So why not go for it? All I can say is fair play to you, Mark. Enjoy! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

JHMEG wrote: »
    €2000 tax on a car that costs €101,000 new is nothing really and not going to discourage anyone from buying one.

Yes but that the way it is at the moment. No guarantee it will stay that way forever on these type of cars.

Advertisement