Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lads... tell me to stop.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭ramanujan

BUY BUY BUY.... the economy needs you. and you need this car.

win win imo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Wait a little, save up some money and get a Nissan GTR :D

Or why not get a BMW E46? for half that price you'll get a really nice M.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

By all means if you really want to change, go for it. The only thing is,you dont seem to be hanging on to motors long enough to get enough enjoyment out of them. The S3 was a fantastic car, the 335i IMO even better, but I would have held onto them a little longer. It seems that you are getting bored after around 6months and seeing something nicer/better that you like. In reality that will always be the case. So if you are willing to accept the fact that if you go for the Cayman, you will probably be starting a new similar thread in around 6months, then go for it.

Best of luck on whatever decision you make!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Kafer

Go for it Mark.

@E92. Mark is a "senior" mod ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭MarkN

The 06 would be quite small a cost of change to get into coming from my own I would imagine.

It's the 07 that might hurt a little.

Thing is, I'm actually not bored of the 335 at all. I love driving it.

There's just something about the Cayman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

MarkN wrote: »
    Didn't go for M3 no. Can't justify it over the 335.

I work so bloody hard cars are my only luxury so I'm just thinkin should I stop beating around the bush.
    Yes. Stop beating around the bush and buy it so you can have more bush's to be beating around.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

pburns wrote: »
    ...and sadly how flawed the 911 concept is...(blasphemy I know)... I can't help thinking that the mid-engined layout is under-utilised by Porsche. Would they dare grab the nettle and move the 911 engine in front of the rear axle?:confused::eek:

...not that you'd notice, but the 911 is more useful. If you're young, free and single, Boxsters'/Caymans/Lotii etc are a hoot, and are what I'd buy.

Meanwhile back on earth, I won't be going out for long fast spins on my own, or with the SO only - only with the 5 & 8yr old in tow.........so, a 2 + 2 it is, then. Which means any 911 (but not for commuting), or any of my current P drives.

OP - buy the thing ! But not black or silver, puhleez......:D

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Go for it if you can handle the financial side! Lovely cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Just find the ultimate car and buy it. Stop buying all these "nearly there, but not quite" cars, of which the Cayman is one, as is the 335. You'll never be happy in the knowledge that you didn't buy the best and you'll be back on here in six months and thousands in depreciation looking for your next fix.

What's the ultimate car?? :D:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

What's the ultimate car?? :D:o
    Not a Cayman and not a 335. 911 and M3.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

JHMEG wrote: »
    Not a Cayman and not a 335. 911 and M3.

Any 911? cos there's only around 100k difference in the various specs

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭986s

Buy the black Cayman S or I will! Currently have a Boxster S and am getting derisory trade in offers against a new 335i as luck would have it. Havent approached the dealer yet for a trade in price for my car against it but will be doing so shortly.

As regards the 911 thing dont worry about it, have driven a few and have been dissapointed with them (havent driven a turbo, Gt3 etc), very bobby front end over rough roads that takes a little getting used to. Would I have a newer Cayman S (has to be an S though) over an older 911- absolutely, not much in it power/hp wise either. Get a remap of the Cayman to bring you to 315 bhp which is just short of a recent 911 with much better handling dynamics.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭Soarer

I'll just whip out the cheque book ! :D

Lovely car though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Soarer wrote: »

572BHP V10 - the most powerful Audi that will ever be made. Noooice:pac:

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    572BHP :

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

The 06 would be quite small a cost of change to get into coming from my own I would imagine.

It's the 07 that might hurt a little.

Thing is, I'm actually not bored of the 335 at all. I love driving it.

There's just something about the Cayman.

There's an 05 and 07 997's for sale in Galway, and, iirc, a Cayman as well.......

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭Soarer

If you bring one in from the UK, you'll save the guts of €30k on the Irish price!:eek:

It's completely futureproof too, as it's a good, sensible family car!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

572bhp is a nice starting point alright! Hand it over to BBS then and let them work their magic! "Stage 3 please!".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

M3 Csl Ftw!

bazz26 wrote: »
    Yes but that the way it is at the moment. No guarantee it will stay that way forever on these type of cars.

Yeah feck it yer right. OP buy a nice sensible diesel mondeo.

Think of the saving in tax and possible massive savings in the future.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Mark, if you fancy a trip to Galway, take a look at the 911's, Cayman's, etc.. in Cunningham Higgins:

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=search&BusinessID=847&MakeID=23&xMakeID=23&ModelID=&xModelID=&xYear=

My workplace is close to them, there's a €325k Ferrari F430 on display in their showrooms this week !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

We can always keep on dreaming, though I expect in a few years MarkN will be setting his sights on one and we'll all be here drooling again:p!

Though the R8 is getting this engine either next year or in 2010.

The R8 is already a stunning car IMHO, probably the best car bar none you can buy in this country, so a 572 bhp V10 is going to make it all the better:D!

Advertisement