Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why is there so many nasty people on here??

Options
  • 26-05-2008 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

ok just gotta find something out!!!everytime someone posts something in various forums i use on here there's always people that have to bash it in some way...like for example if someone innocently wants to know where to get ugg boots in dublin in the fashion forum, everyone just turns on them telling them why they shouldnt buy them and that they're every name under the sun for buying them???this isnt the only place this has happened!!!!is it a bunch of people who have no life that feel great for doing it or what like???
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

flynnser19 wrote: »
    ok just gotta find something out!!!everytime someone posts something in various forums i use on here there's always people that have to bash it in some way...like for example if someone innocently wants to know where to get ugg boots in dublin in the fashion forum, everyone just turns on them telling them why they shouldnt buy them and that they're every name under the sun for buying them???this isnt the only place this has happened!!!!is it a bunch of people who have no life that feel great for doing it or what like???

you suck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

hai, asl?

It just sounds as if you had a bad experience of some people - not all people (and forums) are like that, but of course there are assholes out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

it hasnt happened personally to me but yea i see it happen every time im on here on any board i go to.....it just annoys me that people feel like they know everything and that if you dont agree with them then your not allowed to ask a question or anything ya know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

era we are not all bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭afatbollix

mostly because they can.. its the internet you can be a cnut if you want to be...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

it hasnt happened personally to me but yea i see it happen every time im on here on any board i go to.....it just annoys me that people feel like they know everything and that if you dont agree with them then your not allowed to ask a question or anything ya know?

Hello thar!

Buttsekz?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

It be the internets. This allows a degree of happy fun time.

Also, ugg boots suck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

Maybe because a lot of people are in work when using this and aren't in the best mood and also maybe because its an outlet to vent their frustration at faceless users.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭beautiation

Cos the anonymity of forums makes them a great place to let out the pent out anger people accumulate in life. Also the way that forum interaction doesn't activate as many interpersonal cues as talking to someone in real life does means people are a lot less inclined to show normal social instincts like empathy and politeness, and so are a lot more likely to be rude. It's been shown that people are a lot politer to each other when communicating vocally, and even more so when they can see each other as well.
    That's just some people of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Unfortunately it's not a luvy-duvy world and some people will enjoy making fun of others, point out mistakes or try telling other what to do/think.
    I am one of those people (when posting in AH).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

Takes a lot less bottle to be rude to a nickname online than to a real person in the flesh. Ignore it and focus on the lots of amazingly helpful people who are online.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,075 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

The thread title should say - "Why ARE there so many nasty people on here."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

I just saw a surplus of !!! and ??? and gave up.

/logs on to bebo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

o hai, welcome to teh internets!!!1one!!1 lol

Reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

When you get so many people in the one place at the one time, you are bound to get a few nasties...Also, as said, you can abuse a nickname more than a person in real life. And then there are some things that get on peoples nerves - Ugg boots for example in some cases!

🤪

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Moved from after hours to lolcats feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,433 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

It's the bleeding-heart conservatrives I tells you!

Actually it's casued by a virus. It started out as a computer virus but then mutated into a physical one and infected everyone who used boards and turned them into hate-mongering ****. Something like on 28 Days later, but milder.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

What can I say, Myth and Ruu are just two really really mean people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

And Op ,you can always log on to other threads MSN and other websites while waiting for all the nice people to show up in yours .

It's called (as i'm sure you know) MULTITASKING

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Happened only recently OP, some people just cannot have a laugh...

They get called "gay" by a 17 year old and all of a sudden your crucified!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

you're

Do you think calling someone gay is an insult?

Or calling your thread "Eat This SH*T !!" will bring good vibes?

DesF says hi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

im never nasty on boards.ie because im so stupid to understand the word nasty:p

Sherifu wrote: »
    you're

Gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Cheeky_gal wrote: »
    Gay.
    /oh stop

Do you think calling someone gay is an insult?
    nah i dont think its an insult, its nice to call someone ghey!
    Or calling your thread "Eat This SH*T !!" will bring good vibes?
    wouldnt be nice to eat ,id prefer cake:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Happened only recently OP, some people just cannot have a laugh...

They get called "gay" by a 17 year old and all of a sudden your crucified!
    You get banned from a forum and all of a sudden you're crucifying people.

You get banned from a forum and all of a sudden you're crucifying people.

HAHAHAHAHAHA here we go !!! :D

See OP, here's a perfect example. Lol! You're all gay...OOPS I mean gas ! :D

HAHAHAHAHAHA here we go !!! :D

See OP, here's a perfect example. Lol! You're all gay...OOPS I mean gas ! :D
    banned:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

DesF says hi.

I can do that myself.

Hi Cheeky_gal :)

Advertisement