Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why is there so many nasty people on here??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

DesF wrote: »
    I can do that myself.

Hi Cheeky_gal :)

Hi sxc ;)

HAHA

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I can do that myself.

I was just speeding things up.

Now keep digging while I PM IB some screenshots. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

pvt.joker wrote: »
    you suck

LOL
    Too easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Simplicity

snyper wrote: »
    Hello thar!

Buttsekz?

You are an idiot. Or just one of those people with a low IQ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

flynnser19 wrote: »
    ok just gotta find something out!!!everytime someone posts something in various forums i use on here there's always people that have to bash it in some way...like for example if someone innocently wants to know where to get ugg boots in dublin in the fashion forum, everyone just turns on them telling them why they shouldnt buy them and that they're every name under the sun for buying them???this isnt the only place this has happened!!!!is it a bunch of people who have no life that feel great for doing it or what like???

The only esteem some people can get is from winding up people who have no recourse to them. TBH, the anonymity afforded by the internet brings out the asshole in a lot of otherwise reasonable people.

You think fashion is bad? Try soccer. It's practically a zoo in there!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

flynnser19 learn to use the report post function.

Cheeky_gal wrote: »
    Happened only recently OP, some people just cannot have a laugh...

They get called "gay" by a 17 year old and all of a sudden your crucified!

Thank you...seriously from the bottom of my heart, your thread was the funniest thing Ive seen on boards in a while!! Lots of nasty people in that thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

ok just gotta find something out!!!everytime someone posts something in various forums i use on here there's always people that have to bash it in some way...like for example if someone innocently wants to know where to get ugg boots in dublin in the fashion forum, everyone just turns on them telling them why they shouldnt buy them and that they're every name under the sun for buying them???this isnt the only place this has happened!!!!is it a bunch of people who have no life that feel great for doing it or what like???

1186210781094pl4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Thank you...seriously from the bottom of my heart, your thread was the funniest thing Ive seen on boards in a while!! Lots of nasty people in that thread!

Awh, thats sweet. :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

I can do that myself.

Oi, what did i tell you about replying to her posts?
    Cheeky_gal wrote: »
    Hi sxc ;)

HAHA

you back away from Des OKAY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭FarmerGreen

Its all beginning to make some sort of sense!
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/warriorshtm/blissninny.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

ZZZ011030-PI.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

like for example if someone innocently wants to know where to get ugg boots in dublin in the fashion forum, everyone just turns on them telling them why they shouldnt buy them and that they're every name under the sun for buying them???

You do know that three uggs are killed to make one pair of boots.

And then the survivors end up chasing the wearers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭-Freebird-

Some people are a$$holes online, basically because there are no repercussions, they can develop a whole new persona online and no one will be able to say they are anything different in reality.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

-Freebird- wrote: »
    Some people are a$$holes online

Thankfully, they dont live long on boards though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

In fairness, its not as if people aren't arseholes in real life, is it? If it bothers you that much just do what you do in real life and be an arsehole back or ignore them... Simple really.

No need to get all school-girly about it.:rolleyes:

*Sorry if that comes across "nasty".

Hm. I dunno. I think it's hilarious how people take a dislike to a member of a forum purely based on how they post... Like, WTF?!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Hm. I dunno. I think it's hilarious how people take a dislike to a member of a forum purely based on how they post... Like, WTF?!
    I don't see what's wrong with disliking someone because of their opinions or the things they say.

Well, you're tanked, but anyway...

How else should we judge them? By their avatar? Postcount?

• Advertisement

Oh I don't know about that... I mean, to use the real life example again, I can quite easily take a dislike to somebody from when they first open their mouth.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

How (TF) else do you form an opinion about a poster???

See, you've just done it. You read that and you thought 'd1ck head'

I mean, how much of an opinion someone gathers from a post. Oh, Ican't explain.

*gives up*

And if I'm honest, when I read the first post in this thread the other day, I took a dislike to the OP.

I'm sorry, but its true. Its probably wrong of me but its my first impression of the OP.

But from now on, will you dismiss anything the OP says because of this thread, or his post?

See, you've just done it. You read that and you thought 'd1ck head'

I mean, how much of an opinion someone gathers from a post. Oh, Ican't explain.

*gives up*

Was that @me, I thought nothing of the sort

WTF are you on about?:confused:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

But from now on, will you dismiss anything the OP says because of this thread, or his post?

No because the more they post/say the more of an opinion someone can make of them. I've often dismissed people or thought they were a bit of a twat because of something they've said or done but the better I get to know them the more of an informed opinion I can make of them.

No at the general response I got. Not aimed at you in particular.

No because the more they post/say the more of an opinion someone can make of them. I've often dismissed people or thought they were a bit of a twat because of something they've said or done but the better I get to know them the more of an informed opinion I can make of them.

Exactly. That would be my own method of forming an opinion. The typical forum a$$hole, will see that one post they don't like and from that post completely dismiss everything that the person says.

• Advertisement

Not at all. It may be harder to "win me over", so to speak, but that doesn't mean that I'm gonna completely dismiss everything I read from them again.

It works both ways too... I've read things before from posters and thought that they might have been pretty sound people but then after a while and after reading more contributions, I've thought that I my initial impression may have been wrong and they're probably tossers(I never actually admit that I'm wrong though;)).

Edit- Jesus, if I live by the first impression rule, I'd have far less friends than I've actually got and would have had far less sex than I've actually had...:D

Advertisement