Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does this NTSC version of GTA work?

• 26-05-2008 5:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭

Wouldn't normally ask this but I saw the link in somebody's sig so I assume some of you have it? Does this actually work? I would have assumed it would only work in American consoles

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-dw-49-en-70-2hcw.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

This is a stupid question, I'm sure of it, but what is NTSC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭ongarite

According to the website and other reports, it will work with PAL 360.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

NTSC is the US television standard. We use PAL here.

I thought the PS3 version of GTA4 was region free but the 360 one was not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Oh, I see. Cheers.

PS3 version is region free. 360 US NTSC-A version is not region free but Jap NTSC-J version is region free and safe to buy from play-asia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭nealmac

I know a guy in the UK who ordered his copy (PS3 version) from Amazon, but got the NTSC version delivered by mistake. He was saying that it would only play in black and white on his TV (which is standard definition). When he called up Amazon to tell them, they replaced it with a PAL version and it works fine.

So although the PS3 version doesn't seem to be region locked as such, it still has issues.

nealmac wrote: »
    I know a guy in the UK who ordered his copy (PS3 version) from Amazon, but got the NTSC version delivered by mistake. He was saying that it would only play in black and white on his TV (which is standard definition). When he called up Amazon to tell them, they replaced it with a PAL version and it works fine.

So although the PS3 version doesn't seem to be region locked as such, it still has issues.

He must have an ANCIENT TV, like over 10 years old. There isn't a SDTV on sale for the last 10 years that didn't support PAL60 or NTSC resolution.
    If it doesn't, it'll display in black and white.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭nealmac

ongarite wrote: »
    He must have an ANCIENT TV, like over 10 years old. There isn't a SDTV on sale for the last 10 years that didn't support PAL60 or NTSC resolution.
    If it doesn't, it'll display in black and white.
    I think it's a about 7 years old. But it supported the PAL version when he got it exchanged.

Advertisement