Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell 2408 from Overclockers - is it worth the (large) savings?

Options
  • 26-05-2008 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm just wondering if anyone knows what the story is with Warranties/Returns etc. if I bought a monitor from overclockers.co.uk? They have the Dell 2408 for about €560 (assuming about €40 for shipping) and it's €810 on the Dell website over here in Ireland!!! It says you get: "a 4yr on-site next business day warranty service provided by DELL over their STD 3yr service" but it doesn't mention if that's International or only in the UK. I could try emailing them but I think I might get a better response from someone here if they've already done something similar.
    Hope someone can help,
    Timmaii

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Cassiel

You'll deal directly with Dell for warranty issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

I would go with the new Samsung T series myself

http://www.hdtvlounge.net/samsung/t260hd/

Komplett have them, but im sure you can get cheaper..

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=347597

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

I've the 2408wfp and 3008wfp monitors. I upgraded the 2408WFP from the 2407WFP-HC, no difference in picture quality as far as I can tell and the only extra you get is hdmi connectivity (which you can do with the 2407 anyway, by using a dvi-hdmi adapter).
    Save yourself a few quid and get the 2407:)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭timmaii

Thanks all. I'll go have a look at those monitors.
    I was just looking at the 2408 originally because it's getting great reviews and this looked like a pretty reasonably price for it.

Advertisement