Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming pool near Bray?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 and76

its €7.20 a go for adults in the new Bray pool

• Registered Users Posts: 40 kiwi_40

Bray pool prices are crazy. 7.20 for an adult 4 for a kid, no family options, no 12 for 10 options. the yearly subscriptions are off the map. 16 to bring a family of 5 in Monkstown, 26 in Bray

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭boggerboy

Is that €10 just to use the pool or to use the gym facilities aswell?

lil smiler, €10 is for open use-pool and gym

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 LollipopShoes

Janey-mac... so after all my giving out, and my horrible `jackie-skelly-experience' we'll be no better off with the new 'community' pool? What a rip-off. I think there'll be a lot of disappointed people...

Id say your right. Its not very 'community' at those prices. Id say they will have to bring them down in a couple of months when they realize no one is using it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

The pool is now ofically open. Heading up there to have a look and see what its like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

Got the family (2+2) annual membership there for €995. Not at all bad in my book. Swipe cars to get in so no delays. The place is spotless (so far) and not overly busy, possibly due to the prices mentioned in earlier posts. Early impressions-very happy all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭GAN

Can you pay by the month do you know, or do you have to have the whole lot upfront?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭confuddled

You can pay monthly. I think it works out to be more expensive over the course of the year than paying the annual fee upfront (€130 more for a single person I think)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Flackfog

Anyone know what the story is with Shoreline. I live close to both the new places in Charlesland and Bray and had high hopes but the prices make the community pool pointless. I can not find much on the net about Shoreline, they're a bit of a mystery. I would not be surprised if Shoreline are a operating company set up by the developer who have been allowed to run riot with the prices. It would'nt be the first time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭GAN

I actually think the annual membership is good value. I was paying over sixty euro a month for horrible Jackie Skelley's in Bray, but now me and my husband will both be able to be members for just over seventy quid a month. That's pretty good I reckon!

GAN wrote: »
    I actually think the annual membership is good value. I was paying over sixty euro a month for horrible Jackie Skelley's in Bray, but now me and my husband will both be able to be members for just over seventy quid a month. That's pretty good I reckon!

They quoted me €89 per month for the couples membership or €880 per year if you pay up front. So by paying monthly you are charged and extra €188 for the privilege.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Tippex wrote: »
    They quoted me €89 per month for the couples membership or €880 per year if you pay up front. So by paying monthly you are charged and extra €188 for the privilege.

= 21% APR - even my credit card doesn't charge that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

Never mind

loyatemu wrote: »
    = 21% APR - even my credit card doesn't charge that much.

I know its a bit rich alright.
    It will be interesting to see what the take up is going to be like considering the economy they may well end up dropping prices.

Tippex wrote: »
    I know its a bit rich alright.
    It will be interesting to see what the take up is going to be like considering the economy they may well end up dropping prices.

Hope not-less space for me then!!

brayblue24 wrote: »
    Hope not-less space for me then!!

How are you finding it?
    Doing my best not to head up and Join but really need to at this stage.

The monthly rates are actually ok but that is not the point of a community centre it should be accessable to everyone in the community all the time and 10 euro a go is simply too high. It will then only be used by people who have the 1000 to sign up (family rate). I hope schools and clubs in the area are getting really cheap rates?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭worded

The pool should be available to the great unwashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭squareballoon

it is expensive but it's got a lot more to offer than Bluepool. HOT showers that stay on, clean changing areas, free hair dryers, clean pool with clear water and lots of public times. I wouldn't begrudge the few quid extra to be honest.

• Advertisement

Thats all very true but its a new complex, you would expect that, blue pool was done up about 5 years ago, they get run down. Already i noticed one of the seats in the viewing area is broken and had a sign on it after one month. Give it 5 years and see if its as clean, with working hair dryers which are very flimsy to be honest etc etc. Its a lovely complex but they need to keep the guriers out that will destroy it. Still think 7 euro 20 cent is too dear. The special 3€ an hour swims are jam packed, says it all

Have now been to both since they opened. Defo not as nice as a private club (like no sinks in the mens changing area and no changing area for gym users) but cheaper all the same. Was in the Greystones centre the other evening and was told the gym was members only after 6. Community centre by name only so!

Flackfog wrote: »
    Have now been to both since they opened. Defo not as nice as a private club (like no sinks in the mens changing area and no changing area for gym users) but cheaper all the same. Was in the Greystones centre the other evening and was told the gym was members only after 6. Community centre by name only so!

There is a separate changing area for the gym. It's on your left in the hallway as you open the first door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Barry G

To whom it may concern i think in light of these serious economic times there needs to be a restructure of pricing at bray swimming pool.Unless you have family membership which by the way is priced way out of reach for the average family income you have to pay the best part of 25.00 euro per visit for a family of 4.I think this is scandalous and shame on you the management of bray swimming pool.Get realistic and come back down to earth with your prices or you will soon be out of business,There is a strong feeling and public anger about this problem throughout bray and its surrounding areas.So come on bray swimming pool give the people of bray what they deserve a good leisure center at competetive prices.

Well, depsite my earlier posts here and my then views given the change in circ. if those prices remain anything like they are I can't renew whether I want to, simple as. So presuming my situation is the same as most then they will have to rethink. And if the lack the of numbers using it this week during Easter holidays are anything to go by they will do well to stay open.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭samsamson

Been around a year since it opened (I think?), how are people finding the pool?

Have they maintained the cleanliness since they opened? Are there separate member/non-member swimming hours?

Edit: Am I right in thinking the pool is at the Woodies end of the southern cross? And If I walk up Schools Road to the bottle bank I can cut across the field there into the centre?

Advertisement