Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GH3/Rock Band - which console?

Options
  • 26-05-2008 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

The mrs is mad to get these games (alright, I wouldn't a belt on the ol' drums too :)) . We have a Wii but, from what I've gathered, the PS3 and XBox versions are far better. So, we're thinking of getting a PS3 or XBox but not sure which. Is there any difference between the versions for those two? If not we'll probably go with the XBox for cheapness.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Well one difference is the PS3 version isn't out yet, its only out on the 360 in Europe.

If you want to play on the PS3, you'll have to import the game and instruments.

The Wii version is allegedly coming out in August, but I don't think there is a firm date yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

The xbox would be better because the guitar hero controller will work as a second guitar in rock band,the ps3 guitars only work for their respective games.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭KBarry

Thanks lads. I didn't know the PS3 version isn't out yet nor about the controllers. XBox it is then :)

The lack of DLC for the Wii is a downer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

-You can use your Xbox Live Headset as a microphone for the game, Most USB microphones work with it anyway.

-The guitar hero guitars work with Rock Band no problems

-Playing online is really easy with the Xbox 360

-Downloading new tracks is simple with the 360/PS3

-You can obtain achievements on the 360

There is a bigger community With xbox 360 users and most people will have it, so you can bring around your instruments to friends houses for parties! :D

Advertisement