Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beehive: What to do??

Options
  • 26-05-2008 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

My mother has been taking down the shed in her garden and they found a beehive in there. Its full of honeybees and she reckons honey as well. I havent seen them myself but she says that they are definitely honeybees and not bumblebees or wasps. We would hate to kill them but need rid of them soon as the shed is half down now and nothing can be done. Is there anybody out there who wants them or knows someone who would? Its on the Northside of Dublin....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭BryanL

contact these guys and they may know someone who will come out and take away the bees for you.It's a good time of the season for them to remove bees.

http://www.irishbeekeeping.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭turnsoutIwas

Great-thanks for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Let us know how you get on OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭turnsoutIwas

Yeah I passed on the numbers to her from the link and a woman came out last night and took away the main hive but they found a few others whch they left there. Apparently they'll go away in a while-god it was hard not to say buzz off there. Oh and they were bumble bees but some rare type.

Advertisement