Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to meet other females?

Options
  • 26-05-2008 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, so I guess I just wondered where does one go in order to meet other females. At 23, I've just recently started admitting to myself that I am a lesbian, and since I've never actually been with a female, I think that it's finally time. So can anyone tell me where is the best place to go or to get involved in order to meet some females....this would be great. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Hi, I think the best place is the internet..try swing4ireland.com to start. Its a site for everyone really but I think you will find what you are looking for...good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭papillon66

Hi there,

don't think this site would be the best...the more common are Gaire, gaydargirl,queerid-There you'll find forums for women or even to meet some with your age-Also some good informations;)

after that if you want to have a look around ,there are Q+A (should be next weekend but not sure) and Kiss(only for girl!:D) once a month-next will be the 20th of June in vicar street-also you have the George, Frount Lounge...if you have a friend you can count of, you could go for drink-They are mostly men...but they are some girls too:p

I know how you feel(have been there too:p) and not simple to go outhere on iyour own- so here I go-you have your first gay female friend! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I think Facebook is really the new gaydar from what I'm told. The best advise would be to go to some social events specifically organised around LGBT people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

The 'ladies' scene has always been a lot more descrete in this country, you have to be in it to hear about a lot of the events and goings on but you can meet people at bigger events such as pride and Q&A.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There are also lesbian dating sites with Irish sections like planetsappho.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

Start with the George. to ease your self in go on a Sunday, my friends band play there from 4-6, they're called Zrazy, they're lesbians them selves and there's always a good crowd of ladies in for them. Most other nights it's full of the boys.
    Also a night out with friends straight or gay and drag them up to dragon afterwards... always a nice place for kiss on the dance floor.
    The internet might be good for getting advice and stuff, but when it comes to actually meeting people, I think it's best to jump right in and mingle with the fleshies.
    Good luck!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭shoegirl

Hi, I think the best place is the internet..try swing4ireland.com to start. Its a site for everyone really but I think you will find what you are looking for...good luck

Jesus no. Not for a first timer. If anything that would be a fairly dangerous place since its not women focused. Shame on you, partyguiness.

I'd be inclined to find the nearest lesbian/gay resource centre (like Outhouse in Dublin or Linc/the Other Place in Cork) and find out if they have a group or young people or coming out group. This is a great place to meet people in a safe and secure environment and you won't get jumped or stalked (which sadly can happen in the world of clubs and pubs).

I have friends who made lifelong friends through groups like that, and even one or two for whom it meant meeting their life partners (8.5 years together) so its usually quite positive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 GreenSt

I think the lounge at the weekend is great for getting chatting to others, far 2 many people not enough tables n chairs so you always end up chatting to randomers trying to nick a bit of table for their drinks. If your gonna stick 2 the internet I like gaydargirls for general chit chat n fun.

Advertisement