Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OK Ladies, We All Do It

Options
2»

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i have worn the same outfit to 12 weddings so far and it is making another outing in august.

why would anyone spend money buying clothes they only wear once :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

My first debs dress has been worn about 3 times and is very plain burgundy purple coloured raw satin with a sweetheart neckline and batwing sleeves. The second only got the one outing - I love the skirt, it has a train that hooks up and is red satin, but the top has a sort of faux-wrap-with-pleated-tuck thing (looked lovely on the pattern, pity the dressmaker decided not to take the time to do the pleats properly and just stuffed the fabric in on the left rather than making it sit right) and it's not really suitable for anything I've been to since. I might try to get another top made to go with the skirt in black. Other than that I have one nasty black dress that only gets worn as a skirt under things and my standard LBD which has been out and about so many times at this stage that it's well paid for. I don't dress up. I'd never buy something that I thought I'd only get one wear out of, and I don't spend obscene amounts of money on dresses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭yummycake

irishbird wrote: »
    why would anyone spend money buying clothes they only wear once :confused:

Yeah it's a complete waste of money.
    If you liked the outfit/dress sooo much that you had to pay sooo much money for it why would you only wear it once!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭Clink

The problem with recycling the same dress too much these days is Facebook. I would have gotten away with it until all my friends started posting pics of all their weddings and social events on to the site :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Everything I buy I get great use out of.

For occasions myself and friends swap and wear each other's dress's sometimes.

Then its all passed on to my younger sisters..

• Advertisement
Advertisement