Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business studies

Options
  • 26-05-2008 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I was thinking about doing every long question from section 3 of the past papers but this is taking far too long. Would it make more sense to do every question 1 from part 1 and every question 4 and 5 from part 2? After all you only need to do three questions in the exam. Would i be well covered if i did this?

Any other study alternatives to this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

It's 4 questions. It's one from part 1, two from part 2, and then any one from either part 1 or 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Calorimeterman

And wouldn't you be better off doing questions 2,6 and 7 as they will come up on the abq anyway??

You know, hitting two birds with the one stone??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 cobby*

Ok so say I just do all the question 2, 6 and 7 and maybe 1 as well would I be well covered?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Riotguy

^ That's what I'm aiming for myself, but so far I've just done all the Q1s and a few Q7s....

They are fairly repetitive though.

Q3 is also from the ABQ Unit 7.

Also Q6 alternates between Q's on Unit 5 and Unit 4, and sometimes a mixture of both.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 jaymacgray

The way I study business is not writing out the exam answers because that wastes hours. I just go through the papers and any question I'm not sure on I look it up and learn it off. I wouldn't worry about the ABQ, once you know the method and know units 5,6 & 7 it's grand no need to practice heaps of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

Im doing quesions 2, 3, 6 and 7.

Actually just curious about this, if anyone thinks this makes sense. With all the talk about the EU lately with the Lisbon Treaty, do you think it's likely it would be in the ABQ or in the long questions as a result of the EU chapter in Unit 7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭tasha1

Apparently They Mark Question One Extremely Hard And It's The Question People Do The Worst On..

I'd Definitely Recommend Question Two And Three.

Think About Abq Too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

I intend to choose my questions when I see the paper like, I know ill probably end up doing question one and two though but still on the day I'll decide like.

• Advertisement

Jakkass wrote: »
    Actually just curious about this, if anyone thinks this makes sense. With all the talk about the EU lately with the Lisbon Treaty, do you think it's likely it would be in the ABQ or in the long questions as a result of the EU chapter in Unit 7.
    Papers were made out on november but ya there's a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

I wouldnt say they are going to put something just about the lisbon treaty on the paper.. it more likely to come up in form of "How gov decisions affect businesses/communities?" Or "How EU decisions/policies affect businesses/communities" etc.

But yah.. stay away from qs1, unless you are very specific person and know unit 1 in big huge details :D

Yuugib wrote: »
    I wouldnt say they are going to put something just about the lisbon treaty on the paper.. it more likely to come up in form of "How gov decisions affect businesses/communities?" Or "How EU decisions/policies affect businesses/communities" etc.

But yah.. stay away from qs1, unless you are very specific person and know unit 1 in big huge details :D
    Stay away from question 1? I'm under the opinion that its usually easy, e.g discuss the relationship between a consumer and producer or discuss the sales of good/supplies services act 1990...

Am I missing something here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭MaltEagle

I'm doing Q1, because one of the acts is definately going to be there and probably relationships in business/something to do with contracts.

The SOGASOS came up on the 2007 paper though. I'm thinking Labour Relations Commmision/Labour Court.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Calorimeterman

If you're a C/D student you should definitely look at question one, as it is mainly common sense.

But, for the A/Bs it will be tough to convince the examiner that you are a step above the D students who used the same common sense... And you'll probably get marked down unless you back up your answer with insane amounts of detail...

Advertisement