Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

quick carzone question

Options
  • 26-05-2008 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭

Some of the guys on here in the trade might be able to answer this one...

If an ad on carzone states This XXX was confirmed to be in stock today, does it actually mean the dealer would have gone in and updated that ad today - indicating the car is actually still in stock? Or does Carzone software just do that automatically for all cars regardless?

I ask cos I was interested in this particular car only to be told over the phone last week that'd they had sold it to someone else.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Some of the guys on here in the trade might be able to answer this one...

If an ad on carzone states This XXX was confirmed to be in stock today, does it actually mean the dealer would have gone in and updated that ad today - indicating the car is actually still in stock? Or does Carzone software just do that automatically for all cars regardless?

I ask cos I was interested in this particular car only to be told over the phone last week that'd they had sold it to someone else.

you have to actually go into the ad in question, choose the edit option then hit save, so i would say that the dealer is actually stating that the car is in stock.

unless of course the dealer is just updating the ad to keep it active so as to when he gets another of the same car in, he can just edit the details and essentially get another car advertised for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

hmmm, thanks, as I suspected. Very odd, the sale may have fallen through I guess. You'd think he'd be ringing me back if thats the case (and I was keen) considering the supposed slow-down in car sales!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

what you buying joe ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

My head was swayed, I spotted another GTI while browsing on the job (DSG this time).
    Rang the guy up, he was asking plenty for it (though it is "fully loaded") and he wasn't giving me a particularly good trade in for my own... having agreed to go look at it, he rang me back an hour later saying his boss had sold it to someone else!
    I now suspect ever so slightly that he might have fobbed me off.

Advertisement