Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackrock Campus

Options
  • 26-05-2008 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I'm doing my Masters in Smurfit in September and am wondering where I should live. I play sports in UCD and have training 3 times a week in the Belfield campus so i was thinking of living in Glenomena and cycling or getting the bus to Blackrock every day from there. Would that be a good idea?

What is the Blackrock student accommodation like? Is their much of a student atmosphere there?!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

I'm currently doing a masters in smurfit at the moment. And although im not living on campus i would highly recommend it. There is a great atmosphere and social life. Very nice accomadation as well with good room and facilities.

On the idea of getting bus in everyday, the bus you would get would be the 17. This bus is the bane of my life, as its never on time and its never early. So if u plan ur journey out, the bus could ruin it all by being 20 mins late.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

The cycle is only 10 minutes from Glenomena, I wouldn't bother with the 17 bus. By the time it arrives you usually find you could have walked there in the time you were waiting :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

get accom on blackrock campus.its a handy cycle to and from belfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 comm

Ok cool, and which is better, the Proby residences r d other one which is just called Blackrock campus I think? Are they both in d same location as Smurfit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 TonythePony

Tayto2000 wrote: »
    The cycle is only 10 minutes from Glenomena, I wouldn't bother with the 17 bus. By the time it arrives you usually find you could have walked there in the time you were waiting :D

10 minutes from Glenomena to Blackrock if theres a rocket attached to the back of your bicycle.

• Advertisement
Advertisement