Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Airport Aircrafts?

Options
  • 26-05-2008 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭

Waterford airport is expanding every year with new flights and passenger numbers going up. Everyday a jet passes over my house which is impressive. I was checking the schedules at the airport and going on the times the aircraft passes over my house its the daily flight from Waterford to Galway. I'm just wondering what type of aircraft it is and is it the biggest plane flying out of Waterford at the moment? Tia

Mike

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭ch252

Its a bae 146, goes to Waterfor from Galway en-route to Amsterdam.
    this is it:BAe%20146-200_st.jpg
    Cant say if its the biggest in Waterford but I would assume so.

Regards,
    Darragh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

There are two British Aerospace BAe-146-200 flying for Aer Arann to Amsterdam, Faro, Malaga and Bordeaux from Galway. These stop over at Waterford.

Edit: You're too fast for me Darragh!:mad::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Thanks guys. I would assume when this returns to Galway from Waterford the next day it goes Galway, Waterford and then on to Amsterdam or the other destinations mentioned. There is a flight everyday from Waterford to Galway according to the schedules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭ch252

vulcan57 wrote: »
    Edit: You're too fast for me Darragh!:mad::D

OOOH! 3 minutes!:D

Mickger, that is correct, it stays the night in Galway and does it all over again the next day. In the aviation pictures thread I have a few pics of it in Galway ready to go down to ye all in Waterford if you want to take a gander...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Mickger look out for me coming into EIWF on the 16th August enroute to AGP-Malaga!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 bonjo1983

here ya go mickger, this is one of the two BAE146 jets that Aerarann are using

27052008100.jpg

Its currently the biggest passenger plane that operates from waterford at the moment, the gulf stream5 private flights often appears out there to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Whats the reg of the 146? EI-CNO or EI-CNQ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 G-CBHV

Ei-cnq

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

bonjo1983 wrote: »
    here ya go mickger, this is one of the two BAE146 jets that Aerarann are using

27052008100.jpg

Thanks for that great picture. The blue one looks great too. Also well done to everyone for the pics posted in the dedicated picture thread. Some great pics on there.

• Advertisement

mickger wrote: »
    Thanks for that great picture. The blue one looks great too. Also well done to everyone for the pics posted in the dedicated picture thread. Some great pics on there.

No problem Sunday is the best day to catch them at waterford Airport from 2pm theres generally 2 BAE146's and 2 ATR72's on the ground at the same time

G-CBHV wrote: »
    Ei-cnq

spot on

Advertisement