Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boyfriend's 30th - gift ideas

Options
  • 26-05-2008 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

This is my first post so please be nice!. I did a search before I posted but couldn't find what I needed to know.

Basically, its my boyfriends 30th next year and I am getting ahead of myself as I want time to save money to get him something really special. He is so good to me all year round and I want to make his birthday really memorable.
    Like most men (no offense) he is really difficult to buy for as he seems to have everything he wants!. He is into football but have bought him a football trip before. He is not into birthday parties, especially surprise ones - he'd kill me!!!

I was thinking about a really special holiday - one that he will remember for years to come.

Thailand is one place I have in mind but I don't know if it will work out really expensive. My budget is probably around €1500 (but I have to get saving)

I would probably be thinking of travelling in or around April/May 09. I know, I am planning it really early but just trying to get a plan together.

Any ideas anyone? Am open to all suggestions!

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 tiddlywink

I think a holiday is a great idea, and I'm sure he will love it! It was my boyfriends 30th recently, and I brought him on a city break to Istanbul in March and he really enjoyed it. For flights and 4 nights accommodation for the 2 of us I think it added up to about 1000. If you can only afford a couple of nights accommodation, a city break is a good option....New York might also be nice?? Remember you will also be paying for your own flight and accommodation, and you might want to treat him to dinner or smthg else, so it all adds up. I also got my boyfriend a smaller present for the day of his birthday, because the trip away was taking place a few weeks later and also because the trip wasnt a surprise, so you could always put some of the money towards a "present" as well as having the holiday. If you have an idea of somewhere your fella would really like to go, I'd go with that. I decided to suss it out with my boyfriend beforehand as I wanted to be sure it was something he'd like.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks a mill for the reply. Yeah a city break is a good idea, but we have both got each other city breaks before so wanted something a bit different. I've tried asking him in a subtle way but he hasn't given me a definitive answer really.
    New York is a really good suggestion though and he has never been there so might look into that one.
    Thought the though of whisking him off to a "paradise" like place, Thailand or somewhere exotic - I think he would love that. If anyoone has any suggestions for somewhere like this, I'd love to hear them!

Thanks again for the reply Tiddlywinks, very helpful!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi,

This is also my first time using a blog so be gentle!! :) It is my boyfriends 30th in about 0 months and like every other girlfriend i want to make it special.

The first thing i need help with is where or how i would get a newspaper cover from the day he was born.(irish) If not that a poster of the news, no. 1, sport etc from the day he was born.

After that i'm open to all sorts of suggestions, He is into sport in a massive way and he has never been to the states. Anything involving that area would go down well. It would be for Juky/august 09 that we would travel. Ant suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Advertisement