Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a 550w Minimum PSU please!

Options
  • 26-05-2008 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

Looking for some help, yet again. This is to compliment this:

listba0.jpg

It needs to have at least 2 molex and 2 6 pin PCI-Express connectors. I overlooked the PSU when buying my new 3870X2 graphics card and now on research it says and on the documentation that I need a 550w PSU minimum and I can see that there is an impact and my 500w psu that came with teh above is struggling!

Bit of a pain as I initially thought i'd be only spending 500 euro on a new machine, which has now snowballed into 900 :O

Suggestions appreciated, thanks.

:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

This Corsair has the 8pin and 6pin sli connectors that u need for the 3870x2. Cant recommend Corsair highly enough. Have it myself and its v silent. Its not modular tho, its only drawback

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Chosen

Get the Corsair HX620. I ran 2x 8800 in SLI with a QX9650 in 4.5GHz. Actually I have it for almost a year now, it put up with everything I threw at it :)

Also, it's modular (only use the cables you need) and it has 2x 6+2 pin connectors. 6+2 means that they're 8-pin connectors with the last 2 pins detachable, so that you can use them either as 6 or 8 pin.

Advertisement