Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin - Cork - how to get home?

Options
  • 26-05-2008 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

hi
    I'll have to get back to Cork tomorrow afternoon, but have no idea how, thanks to the industrial strike it's a bit cut off from the world...Flight is expensive, and cannot be bothered with the bus tbh and was wondering, are there any alternative routes on the train? no contact numbers for irish rail under "contact us" and cannot really figure it out whether the Heuston-Mallow line is working or not? has anyone gone in this direction in the last week?
    thanks a mil
    sf

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

dunno how, but is this the new "thumbing"?
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭scaryfairy

wha'???
    oh noooooo :D but not a bad idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

And it's ye Cork people who are to blame for the strike :p

Get the bus, I don't why "can't be bothered". It's less hassle than planning some rail trip that could leave you stranded.

Bus Eireann have lovely new coaches and even a bus ticket and some new books from Easons will be cheaper than a train ticket

Don't know if there is a Dublin-Cork Express service, there probably is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

i got eircoach last year, wasn't dear,about 18 yo yos. i know it's a bus,but it was really comfy-big seats and good leg room.... it goes from o' connell st to parnell square. good luck:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Going Out From Dublin - Cork
    Select A Flight.
    Regular Fare Adult
    19.99 EUR
    Tue, 27 May 08
    FlightFR9843 08:55 Depart
    09:45 Arrive

Regular Fare Adult
    14.99 EUR
    Tue, 27 May 08
    FlightFR9845 11:35 Depart
    12:25 Arrive

Regular Fare Adult
    14.99 EUR
    Tue, 27 May 08
    FlightFR9857 12:05 Depart
    12:55 Arrive

From Ryanair website, flying aint that expensive

• Advertisement

thanks, for everything. flights are really not that bad, the only problem is that I have a meeting early in the afternoon, and the flight I could take at 6pm or sth is already full, at least was around 80 euro or around when I checked earlier today. I am going up - with Ryanair - in the morning, and need to get back the same day. Have my reasons for not taking the bus, the length of the journey is one of them (4.5 hours??), that's true...

just fyi: managed to get home yesterday: took the 3pm Heuston-Cork train, it left more or less on time, dropped us in Mallow around 5.15pm. Staff & buses were already waiting for us, and within ten minutes we were on our way to Cork. We arrived around 6pm or 6.15pm to Kent station. So it wasn't that painful at all and rather well organized and civilized, and still didn't have to spend 4.5 hours on the bus... Thumbs up to whoever was in charge.:)

Advertisement