Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I join an existing (non-friends) multiplayer game?

• 26-05-2008 10:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭

Ok, I must be missing something obvious here. When I log into multiplayer, and select a game type (such as deathmatch), I'm brought to a screen where I'm allowed to host a game, or invite friends. But, being the loser that I am, I don't actually have any friends registered. So how can I join an existing game with people that don't know - is there a lobby somewhere that I can enter? I'm just a little bit confused to be honest.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

SeanF wrote: »
    Ok, I must be missing something obvious here. When I log into multiplayer, and select a game type (such as deathmatch), I'm brought to a screen where I'm allowed to host a game, or invite friends. But, being the loser that I am, I don't actually have any friends registered. So how can I join an existing game with people that don't know - is there a lobby somewhere that I can enter? I'm just a little bit confused to be honest.

Thanks for any help.

quick match brings you in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭SeanF

Yup, I select Quickmatch, and I'm brought into a screen where the only player on the left hand side is my character - I can't see any option to join or find an existing game.

I'm on the PS3 if that makes any difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I noticed that too when I started playing.
    First make sure its a ranked match then whichever game type. You should get connected to other players then if not press select and re click on the game type.

If this does not work there is a list somewhere on boards of ppl you can play with.

If that does not work buy an xbox.

Advertisement