Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is Distributing Crown Lager, and was there a lorryload lost?

• 26-05-2008 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Carlton Crown that is.

Strewth. It's started to appear all over Dublin in offies, and a nice price too 6 bottles for €7, it's usually prices as a "Premium Lager" in Australia, sometimes up to a dollar more expensive than other lagers, specifically Carlton Draught which is brewed in the same place.

crownlager.jpg

It's actually not bad as Aussie lagers go tbh, and I'd be tempted to get a few at that price, for BBQs in the sun.

I've started to notice Carlton Cold too, as it happens, but that is a bad, nasty drink.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Its been around for a while, i have seen it in a number of off licenses and the porterhouse have been doing it for years. I generally avoid it preferring coopers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

oblivious wrote: »
    Its been around for a while, i have seen it in a number of off licenses and the porterhouse have been doing it for years.
    Ah yeah, I know that, it's just that in a few offies around Fairview and Artane I've seen boxes of the stuff, not the usual amount.

oblivious wrote: »
    I generally avoid it preferring coopers

Obviously :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

A 6 pack is going for 7.50 in Redmond's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

6 for 6 in molloys :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Premier International Importers in Enfield (Meath) import the Carlton range of beers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

The Carlton Cold and Crown are a euro in McHughs offo's. Dunno how long it will last people are buying it in the tens of cases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Yeah, Carlton Cold and Carlton Crown are going for a euro a pop, 6 for 6 in Molloys. There's a load stockpiled, but it's such a good offer (less then half the RRP) that it's flying.
    I'm pretty sure the wholesaler has already finished up all the special offer stock.
    It's not the best beer in the world, but damn damn tasty for the price, plus they aren't 330ml bottles, they're 375ml, so that little bit better again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭DenMan

I know an offie in Sligo that stocks it. Real popular from what I heard. Might give it a try next time I am there. Suss it out and get back with some info. Peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 pokergroupie

Richmond Marketing distribute Carlton Crown.

Advertisement