Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site Wanted Mailshot

Options
  • 26-05-2008 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

I'm looking to get my hands on a site in North County Dublin (somewhere near Skerries) but they seem to be scarcer than hens teeth. I'm on the verge of mailshotting occupiers in the area in the hope of flushing out someone who wants to sell on the QT without going to the market.

What I'm wondering is if anyone has ever used this strategy successfully? Do you know of anyone who has? Am I bonkers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭jetski

If you want it get it...

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You won't get a rural site and a village site is highly unlikely. You can try in urban areas.

Of course, ask all the estate agents.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭jetski

what about ?

www.daft.ie/1230788

or

www.daft.ie/1257772

What money r you talking?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Joey99

Checked all the websites etc. but there's nothing like what I'm after (1 - 2 acres, rural or village). I'm not offbase with valuation (€500K - €800K) (at least I think I'm not anyway). I'll give it a shot and let you know how I get on (but only after I've exchanged contracts!)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Joey99 wrote: »
    Checked all the websites etc. but there's nothing like what I'm after (1 - 2 acres, rural or village).
    Essentially they don't exist. Buy 15 acres, put up glass houses and they might let you build a house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭mel123

if you see anything suitable, just knock on peoples doors. a lot of people dont read 'junk mail' that comes through their door. be nice, explain to them what u want it for, why u like the area, u will have to pay all their costs ie solicitors etc, tell them that there is no cost to them. tell them you will get the land valued, you want to do it all legit etc et. I have known a few people who have done this and were successful. Sites are very hard to come by now tho.

Advertisement