Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

garde with a heart? how long does it take to receive a speeding ticket??

Options
  • 26-05-2008 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

hi,

i got pulled by the gardai for speeding on the motorway on the 5th of may. He told me the ticket would be sent out in 10-12 days. How long a duration can they leave before its sent. It was on the same day i was issued my full license:o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

dango wrote: »
    hi,

i got pulled by the gardai for speeding on the motorway on the 5th of may. He told me the ticket would be sent out in 10-12 days. How long a duration can they leave before its sent. It was on the same day i was issued my full license:o

It can come in the time limit of 6 months IIRC, but even then (i assume you want to get off getting points or a fine) you admit you did wrong by speeding.

Pay the fine:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

It will probably take three months to get a letter saying your points are being put on your license. The worst thing is the points take effect from the date you get the letter not the date you were caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,902 ✭✭✭✭L1011

*Kol* wrote: »
    It will probably take three months to get a letter saying your points are being put on your license. The worst thing is the points take effect from the date you get the letter not the date you were caught.

You need to get the ticket and pay the fine before thats sent out! He hasn't received the FPN yet.

We could actually have a legitimate "Sorry your honour but I never got the notice" here and all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

Don't know if it's just a fixed penalty, although I think they are fairly efficient at sending them out.

If he's bringing you to court, he has six months to serve the summons on the relevant district court, and they can take months to issue the summons to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 michael.oleary

MYOB wrote: »
    You need to get the ticket and pay the fine before thats sent out! He hasn't received the FPN yet.

We could actually have a legitimate "Sorry your honour but I never got the notice" here and all!

Would the Garda in question not give a ticket then and there or would they just take his details and do it through the post?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,902 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Would the Garda in question not give a ticket then and there or would they just take his details and do it through the post?

Your details are taken. The era of tickets being handed over on the spot is gone.

Advertisement