Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New shopping centre for tullamore!

• 26-05-2008 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭

What shops would you like to see in it?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭lt_cmdr_worf

http://www.emigrant.ie/article.asp?iCategoryID=85&iArticleID=76660

New Tullamore centre, over the site of the former Texas dept store, will have Penneys as the anchor tenant.

Lucky for Tullamore, Texas is getting demolished, now can they do the same thing to the Texas centre in athlone....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Luuca

Not only is there a shopping centre going into the old Texas building - there are also 2 planned developments planned for the old Coen's, Nissan site and accross the road from there at the old Mangans Cash and Carry - seen it in yesterdays property section of the Irish Independent. I would LOVE River Island, Next and Boots in one of these shopping centres. I would never have to drive to the capital again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I just want some decent clothes shops. There is no where to buy nice clothes in Tullamore!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

Yes! River Island would be great. Also Coast and Monsoon!
    And a decnt shoe shop. I actually liked the selection of shoes in texas dept. store.
    Better laid out than Paul Byrons (and the same shoes cost more in Paul Byrons.) And i don't really like "classy clogs".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Most of those shops you mentioned are in the new centre in Athlone...

When is all of this going ahead? First I heard of it

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

The one at Texas has been planned for a while and is a great idea. More european style cafes and greater variety of shops.

As far as I know the one out by the old dunnes stores will encompas dunners, nissan, the old carol meats place so will cross over the road. I just want an marks and sparks in one of them, I like their food.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭c7

Chanel, Prada, Versace... just like the artists impression in the Tullamore Tribune a few weeks ago!
    Anyone else see that? Hilarious stuff!

On a serious note some good Men's shops are vital!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Tullamore needs a hmv/zavvi.One music shop with crap prices simply isnt a good enough choice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Scawgeen

jackncoke wrote: »
    Tullamore needs a hmv/zavvi.One music shop with crap prices simply isnt a good enough choice

Have you tried Music World in Athlone ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

tescos great for music! have you tried there?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

http://www.emigrant.ie/article.asp?iCategoryID=85&iArticleID=76660

New Tullamore centre, over the site of the former Texas dept store, will have Penneys as the anchor tenant.

Lucky for Tullamore, Texas is getting demolished, now can they do the same thing to the Texas centre in athlone....

oh no is it??? i loved that shop for cheap christmas items!!!! decorations and the like

humph! when is it getting demolished???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Rotti Express

With the economy going all wobbly, does anyone think a new shopping centre won't be built?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Scawgeen

Ruby-J wrote: »
    oh no is it??? i loved that shop for cheap christmas items!!!! decorations and the like

humph! when is it getting demolished???

I can't see them knocking the brick building. Texas in it's heyday was a great place to shop.....where did it all go wrong. The Texas Warehouse hasn't the same atmosphere, or quality of merchandise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 user1986

jackncoke wrote: »
    tower records. that would be great. heartbeat city is such a rip off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

Scawgeen wrote: »
    I can't see them knocking the brick building. Texas in it's heyday was a great place to shop.....where did it all go wrong. The Texas Warehouse hasn't the same atmosphere, or quality of merchandise.

Over ordering stock, not keeping proper records.
    Selling playboy boots reduced from 160 euro to 10euro. Same with irregular choice stock. It was too adventureous for offaly!
    Too many managers, high turn over rate of staff. Horrid horrid place of employment, no team spirit.
    I could go on and on and on.

And as far as i know, they cant knock that building, its protected. As area the old abandoned houses opposite lifestyle. I think thats why one is only half demolished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bigfish

The doom and gloom won't last it can't last , Tullamore needs a great new shopping centre . A bagel bar would fly in it , just what the town needs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

sorry to bump an old tread but any word on this on the grapevine since an bord pleanala gave permission? i thought it would have at least started site clearance by now just to show some intent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

sorry to bump an old tread but any word on this on the grapevine since an bord pleanala gave permission? i thought it would have at least started site clearance by now just to show some intent?

Well with shop after shop closing down every week in Tullamore how in gods name will a new shopping center get off the ground?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,119 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

FFS I thought this was a new thread and was wondering wtf was going on with a new shopping centre at this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 michelleKK

jezza wrote: »
    What shops would you like to see in it?!
    I would love to see a shopping centre with pennys so I could shop local instead of going outside the town :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

[MOD]

Please don't be dredging up old threads!

Thread closed in case it comes back again in 2015 :D

[/MOD]

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement