Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post a pic of your bike

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭carlosfandango

Hey DubTom (are you the same man that had the Mustang?)
    I went from Dublin to Cork & got the ferry to Roscoff. Then headed south to la Rochelle, Bordeaux, San Sebastian and all around Northern Spain & finally headed to Santander, which is when the pic was taken..
    Then got the ferry to Plymouth & headed north to Holyhead. This was a totally poxy ride, flat out in the rain in order to catch the boat.
    I don't have the exact figures but the Brittany Ferries from Cork-Roscoff & Santander-Plymouth was about 600 euro.. if you need more specific costs, I can have a root but the Brittany website is pretty good to guide you for costs.
    I've done it quite a few times, with various routes & the ferry is bloody great. I believe Irish Ferries have a new boat & it goes from Rosslare to Le Harve (I think).. Irish Ferries make the hairs stand up on the back of my neck though..
    Were you thinking of a trip?
    We went to Paris in November & once we got off the boat in Roscoff, we were there well before lunch!
    Shame there is no Ferry from Ireland to Spain though....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Yea carlos,thats me,the mustangs gone though:( I went to spain last year via france,rosslare to cherbourg and then drove down to malaga on the valk,sunshine all the way,2900 mile round trip. That €600 doesn't sound too bad,I checked it out before I went last year and plymouth-santander return I think was over a grand. I think it'll just be france this year.

Hey DubTom,
    It was me in the six that day on the Tallaght By Pass... That was a lovely Mustang! I rented the new GT in the States recently while on business there, it was a Lot of fun.
    Yeah, the ferry can be bloody expensive depending on the time of year. We either go early in the summer, or late. It's a lot cheaper. Don't think I'll be fitting any more trips in this year, up to me knackers in work.
    That Valk must be lovely on the long trips? I have to say that I'm smitten with the Tiger. With the Remus it has an extra bite too.
    Might see you on the road, ride safe man.

Wow, small world,btw how dare you beat me that day, it was uncalled for;)

small world indeed!
    Still driving the six (crippling me on fuel & tax) but the pleasure/pain thing is where it is with classics...I have the disease, but cut down to five these days(eek!)
    btw I have a bonneville also - here's a pic..

Image005.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

btw I have a bonneville also - here's a pic.
    Nice to see a old Brit for a change, a Jap bike is a bit like an Arse, I.E. everyone has one :D

Thanks run_to_da_hills,
    I've had a lot of bikes over the years (started a looooong time ago on a DT 175) but I've got a soft spot for Triumphs. I've had a speed four & the 955i Tiger in the past.
    I love this Bonneville, it has been tidied up a bit since this pic was taken but still has the "flat-tracker" thing goin' on. It's totally bonkers to ride.
    I like the ethos of the Triumph company & yes, it's nice to have something a little different!

Thanks run_to_da_hills,
    I've had a lot of bikes over the years (started a looooong time ago on a DT 175) but I've got a soft spot for Triumphs. I've had a speed four & the 955i Tiger in the past.
    I love this Bonneville, it has been tidied up a bit since this pic was taken but still has the "flat-tracker" thing goin' on. It's totally bonkers to ride.
    I like the ethos of the Triumph company & yes, it's nice to have something a little different!
    I am into old school Brit myself but have sorted of converted to jap :) Still have two Beezers, a GIXR 750 and two Bros 400's.

Is that genuine ww2 run.Classy looking bike. The binlaw has the two that I showed in the pick, a square 4 and something else:rolleyes: sorry,the old stuffs not my thing. Took a go on one and nearly plowed into a wall, someone had moved the back brake:eek:

dubtom wrote: »
    Is that genuine ww2 run.Classy looking bike. The binlaw has the two that I showed in the pick, a square 4 and something else:rolleyes: sorry,the old stuffs not my thing. Took a go on one and nearly plowed into a wall, someone had moved the back brake:eek:
    Brit bikes have the brake on the correct side, ie left side. Japs took over and placed it on the right and everyone copied them inc Harleys etc, so if you ever get on a classic bike make sure you put your foot on the break instead of the gear shifter when you come up to a stop sign. That BSA has virtually no brakes period like most brit bikes, just slap it into 1st gear and the engine will slow it right down like a compression brake on a truck :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Brit bikes have the brake on the correct side, ie left side. Japs took over and placed it on the right and everyone copied them inc Harleys etc, so if you ever get on a classic bike make sure you put your foot on the break instead of the gear shifter when you come up to a stop sign. That BSA has virtually no brakes period like most brit bikes, just slap it into 1st gear and the engine will slow it right down like a compression brake on a truck :eek:

If you like the old classic bikes, and are ever in the US, check out the Barber Motorsports Museum in Birmingham, Alabama http://www.barbermuseum.org/index.html

They have stuff from the earliest bikes ever to US military bikes (diesel powered), British bikes, Japanese bikes etc. - all of it restored and in mint condition. My wife had to keep telling me to stop drooling.

PDN wrote: »
    If you like the old classic bikes, and are ever in the US, check out the Barber Motorsports Museum in Birmingham, Alabama http://www.barbermuseum.org/index.html

They have stuff from the earliest bikes ever to US military bikes (diesel powered), British bikes, Japanese bikes etc. - all of it restored and in mint condition. My wife had to keep telling me to stop drooling.
    I lived in the States for 2 years unfortunitally never made it to Birmingham, Alabama (I love da cotton picken southern drawl :) ) however I made it to the Motorcycle Museum in Birmingham UK before it was destroyed by fire a few years ago, it was amaising to see some of the prototype British bikes that never made it and to see jap copies of them twenty years on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I am into old school Brit myself but have sorted of converted to jap :) Still have two Beezers, a GIXR 750 and two Bros 400's.

Friend of mine has a 1950's Bsa as well. Lovely bike, not very fast lol...

My first bike:D:D
    DSC02532.jpg

The sisters current
    DSC00179.jpg
    This was before it got resprayed. Same colour but a bit more glitter:D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Great to see the old Brit thumpers!

This is the latest addition to the Triumph stable. A Thunderbird 900.
    It's 1997 and in very good condition thanks to a very careful previous owner (thanks Paul!). I'm looking forward to a few decent runs on it, then some polishing! It actually has plenty of grunt, brakes are "interesting" but not as bad as my old Bonnie though.
    Very comfortable & positive handling, but no stunts on this one (ahem!).
    I hope you all like it!

IMG_0792.jpg

IMG_0793.jpg

IMG_0794.jpg

IMG_0795.jpg

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

Picked up this 06 1200 bandit in Engerland 3 weeks ago.
    Spotlessly clean with 5k miles on the clock. happy out :D

IMG_0124.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Moonspell

this is or better was my baby... jaysus i miss her...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭russki

Here's my collection :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, Rebel is off the road now. Needs new cylinder head. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭batman_oh

07 r1, with too much bhp!
    P1000053.jpg
    ktm 660smc playtoy, savage fun for acting like an idiot
    DSC04151.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Did you get rid of the rs batman or do you still have it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭batman_oh

tis long gone now, sold it around two years ago i think. Just these two at the mo, maybe a trackbike next year
    you gonna buy again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

batman_oh wrote: »
    tis long gone now, sold it around two years ago i think. Just these two at the mo, maybe a trackbike next year
    you gonna buy again?

2 years ago!? Holy crap....shows how long it's been since ive been off bikes!

Yeah i will definatly buy again, but it will probably be next summer when i finish college before i can afford another bike :mad: Especially seeing as i bought a new car this wk!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

my baby, before we went for a paddle in the surf

beach.jpg

Fulminus wrote: »
    this is or better was my baby... jaysus i miss her...:(
    Sorry to hear she left you,do you still have the bike:eek:

Sorry,I couldn't resist.

dubtom wrote: »
    Sorry to hear she left you,do you still have the bike:eek:

Sorry,I couldn't resist.

:) that's was funny... i'm the "baby" then and the bike, sold it going on 2 yrs now... thinking of geting me a new one thou

Fulminus wrote: »
    :) that's was funny... i'm the "baby" then and the bike, sold it going on 2 yrs now... thinking of geting me a new one thou
    I have a nice Valk that might suit,1500 cc of grunt;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

IMG_0116.JPG?imgmax=800

Moi first bike... Got it on Sunday. Hope to get out on it for an hour or two tomorrow...

:eek: u selling or inviting for a spin?
    they stopped manufacturing a few years ago I believe, but it does have a sound of "her" own. and the ind. carburetors.. hm hm hm... sweet...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

ub643dhhb2hu0.jpg

ub643dhhb3ph0.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

unklerosco wrote: »
    IMG_0116.JPG?imgmax=800

Moi first bike... Got it on Sunday. Hope to get out on it for an hour or two tomorrow...

My second ever bike back in 02, got her brand new and kept it for a year, loved it to bits, enjoy it, and buy the way, stick a can on it, they sound sweet.

Advertisement