Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piano VSTi?

Options
  • 26-05-2008 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭

Need a decent free one. I no longer have the Plugsound Free demo and can't find it anywhere - I guess Ultimate Sound Bank discontinued it, but it was amazing. KVR is pretty poor - MDA Piano is painful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭JJV

Try the True Pianos 40 day free trial - I was very impressed with it. www.truepianos.com

Also the Garritan Basic Steinway is about to be available for download - costs $99.00. Listen to the demos on their web site - sounds like a bargain to me.
    www.garritan.com

JJ

www.jjvernon.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

JJV wrote: »
    Try the True Pianos 40 day free trial - I was very impressed with it. www.truepianos.com

Also the Garritan Basic Steinway is about to be available for download - costs $99.00. Listen to the demos on their web site - sounds like a bargain to me.
    www.garritan.com

JJ

www.jjvernon.com

True Pianos sounded good but the 40 day trial seemed more like a 40 minute trial - it's now requesting I upgrade to the real thing which I wont be doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭JJV

That's strange - worked for the full demo period on my Mac. I would e-mail them about it, maybe they have a work around.

JJ

NB Selling my G5 2 x 2 Ghz on adverts.ie if anyone is interested. http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=57328&cat=8

www.jjvernon.com

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭slavedave

I have the Garritan Authorised Steinway and it is very, very good. It is a distinct sound though and needs tweaking to sit in a mix for contemporary/rock stuff. On its own with classical pieces, it is beautiful. I have the next version up from the basic one which includes a little more options wrt mic placements and I think the number of samples it ships with but the demos on Garritans site give you a nice taste of what is available.
    Finally, I have to confess that I am not a pianist but I bought this to record those that are. One piano teacher who has his own business and plays the functions scene played it one night through my Tannoy 2.1 monitors and, after some slight adjustments, blew me away with the sound.
    Freebies are always a bit limited for a hi-quality vsti but 70 euro is pretty close to being a bargain.
    If you have a sampler that can read kontact/kompact type formats there are some freebie sample sets that go up to a few hundred megs in size that are worth doing a search for. I downloaded one last year that was fine in a mix (unfortunately the name eludes me but I will post up the location if my grey matter kicks in later).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

The 5 foot grand combinator patch in Reason 3 is useful. Particularly in a track.

Advertisement