Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats going on?

Options
  • 27-05-2008 12:25am

There have been non stop sirens for the last 10 mins, anyone know whats going on?

Comments

Mad, helicopters and what sounds like the a whole fleet out towards the point...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 BenGunn

I dunno, about 15 Garda cars (some of them unmarked, and one Garda van) just went down Pearse Street in the last few minutes... Particularly bad bar-fight maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Towards the point?

Odd, there was a firetruck, an ambulance and at least another firetruck, a garda car or two flying around the roads off Drumcondra Lwr at about 9... About 10 minutes of sirens, and seeing emergency vehicles flying up and down the road.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

You sound close to it, I nominate you to go down there and report back.

Godspeed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 BenGunn

Anyone got a scanner? Sounds quieter now anyway

• Advertisement

Can't hear anything now.. They seemed to be down towards the point and from the sounds of it they were circling or something before all the noise stopped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭lost_soul

It was on the 1am news on 2fm. There was a car chase across Dublin. It started in Dun Laoghaire and it ended at 12.30 when the car crashed....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Aye was wondering about what was going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,406 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

It's the apocalypse, I tells ya! After that sky this evening? Twas like liquid fire! We're all gonna die, we're all gonnnnna dieeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    lost_soul wrote: »
    It was on the 1am news on 2fm. There was a car chase across Dublin. It started in Dun Laoghaire and it ended at 12.30 when the car crashed....

Oh. Ok, maybe not, then. Carry on.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Apparently Dame St is blocked off with a fire in a pub this morning too.

End of the world indeed!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Apparently Dame St is blocked off with a fire in a pub this morning too.

End of the world indeed!

Wonder was it the George?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Mercantile, by all accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Degsy wrote: »
    Wonder was it the George?
    since when did the george move?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

i heard the commotion at 12:30 helicopter,constant,sirens, then an alarm and a car alarm went off.as soon as i went to bed, the bloody thing starts!:mad:

Advertisement