Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

water reservoirs galway

Options
  • 27-05-2008 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

I'm curious as to where all the drinking water is coming from. Unsurprisingly there isn't a map on the internet showing all the water reservoirs in the area. There's one somewhere near quincentennial for the city I heard, where are the others?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

The 'sex cinema' in the Lisbaun industrial estate - where everything bad in the city comes from, apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

dafunk wrote: »
    I'm curious as to where all the drinking water is coming from. Unsurprisingly there isn't a map on the internet showing all the water reservoirs in the area. There's one somewhere near quincentennial for the city I heard, where are the others?

Are you havin a laugh or is this a genuine question?
    Ever heard of Lough Corrib, only the biggest lake in the ROI?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Best not to ask....

Ignorance is bliss!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I regularly like to pee quite close to that water intake.... I call it recycling :D :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

JohnCleary wrote: »
    I regularly like to pee quite close to that water intake.

Mmmm... Golden showery.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

Zzippy wrote: »
    Are you havin a laugh or is this a genuine question?
    Ever heard of Lough Corrib, only the biggest lake in the ROI?

Of course it's a genuine question. I'm not an idiot, of course I know about the Corrib, but is the Corrib providing the water to north west Galway as well as to the areas in the vicinity of it? And I was asking about the location of the drinking reservoirs not the actual lake. Are you having a laugh?

Mmmm... Golden showery.....

Heheh. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭axiom32

there are resevoirs situated on the circular road...once upon a time u could climb onto one of them to get a full view of the city and acroos bay and out to the islands....great place for takin a trip at night back in the day

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The City’s water supply is sourced from the Terryland River as it flows out of the River Corrib.

The raw water is extracted at Terryland and treated at the nearby Galway Water Treatment Plant or Waterworks.

The treated water is then fed throughout the city area by a series of pumps and trunk mains.

The distribution network comprises of 350km of mains, which distributes an average of 10.22 million gallons of water per day through the system.

The City’s water supply is also used to serve some adjacent areas in Galway County.

So it's to the Terryland River you need to go with your container of LSD.

Ha ha! You're well informed! Cheers Biko. :pac:

• Advertisement

so enlighten me to what these concrete structures holding water are....they are also situated on opposite side of city ...

axiom32 wrote: »
    so enlighten me to what these concrete structures holding water are....they are also situated on opposite side of city ...

Swimming pools

:pac:

Swimming pools

:pac:

Brillant ...i hope that clears it up for all concerned..:rolleyes:

axiom32 wrote: »
    Brillant ...i hope that clears it up for all concerned..:rolleyes:

You're not a regular Galway City poster, are ye? :D

Technically they could be swimming pools

You're not a regular Galway City poster, are ye? :D

Technically they could be swimming pools

AH U RUMBLED ME >>> BUT I THINK ILL POST SOME MORE IN THE FUTURE .....AND WHAT I REFERED TO ARE COVERED BY CONCRETE AND IT AINT A ROOF

• Registered Users Posts: 25,952 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Swimming pools

... for the cryptosporidious.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Why are you so interested.....you're not one of them Al Kay E Da lads now are ya ?

/searches for mobile....

Seven Worlds will Collide

Advertisement