Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phobia Cure?

• 27-05-2008 2:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here actually cured their phobia using some technique? everyone seems to be more concerned with discussing their phobia and almost looking for sympathy rather than trying to get rid of it. That NLP sitting in back of cinema watching your phobia moment run backwards seems to be the most common means of phobia cure, I've tried it and still can't quite seem to get it to work properly, what's everyone else's experiences?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

Thats a little bit harsh. Theres a thread discussing same a little bit below this one!

I personally have tried CBT, and am awaitng psycho-therpay. It seems the only way to conquer fears is to face them again and again until they dont have the same impact on you or like CBT, completely change the way you view things.

I have heard of bio-feedback and am looking into it at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 a4775

Dan133269 wrote: »
    Has anyone here actually cured their phobia using some technique? everyone seems to be more concerned with discussing their phobia and almost looking for sympathy rather than trying to get rid of it. That NLP sitting in back of cinema watching your phobia moment run backwards seems to be the most common means of phobia cure, I've tried it and still can't quite seem to get it to work properly, what's everyone else's experiences?

i do like me some self pity now and again
    sweet sweet pity
    i did go to the doctor once though, i thought he would put me on contact with a counsellor or do something
    but he let me tell the whole excrutiating story and then did nothing
    he just said to go find a counsellor and tell them instead
    it was one of the hardest things i have ever had to do and i wont be doing it again in a hurry i can tell you

anyway, whats NLP?

Advertisement