Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cool java apps

Options
  • 27-05-2008 3:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know a good reputable site for java apps? just things to mess around with when bored or games?
    its for a K750i

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is your phone unlocked?dont think you can download java applications unless its unlocked,bar games and music from vodafone live or whatever network your with.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

that is incorrect. Being unlocked has nothing to do with your ability to download java apps

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sorry,what I meant was you need to debrand your phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

no he doesn't, why would you think that?

http://www.getjar.com/software/Sony-Ericsson/K750i has some cool apps

Sorry,what I meant was you need to debrand your phone.

he doesn't need to do that either. there might be one or two apps that won't work properly on operator specific firmware but they don't block all apps

• Advertisement

to get firmware updates and to be able to download applications i was told you had to debrand your phone :confused:.Gonna check that link out :-).

to get firmware updates and to be able to download applications i was told you had to debrand your phone :confused:.Gonna check that link out :-).

to get firmware updates you generally would. if you have operator specific firmware, you can only upgrade to a newer version of your operator's firmware and they often don't keep it up to date. if you want to have the latest firmware available from your manufacturer, you need to debrand it.

but that has nothing to do with downloading apps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

I have heard about some operators using firmware on phones that restricted java/mp3 and what-not being loaded via cable/bluetooth/infrared.

Some even restricted downloads from free sites. It was a stunt to get users to pay for downloads from their commercial media sites.

Some Samgungs did this in general, not operator specific I dont think:
    Google "unlocking the box of fun"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

So far i've put plenty of java apps on in the past. so theres never been a problem i just want some more. or some decent. i'm bored with my current.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

AT&T formally Cingular did that in the US and perhaps still do. As far as I remember Java wasn't blocked per sae but network access from Java apps was. I know this was definitely the case on their version of the Nokia E62.

I don't think any Irish networks engage in that kind of tom-foolery - they're too happy to charge you an arm and a leg when you use them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

A little it OT but I find I can't send SIS files by bluetooth from any of my Nokia phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Tolerz

i bought a fake iphone that runs on java , was wondering if you know any good sites for it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Tolerz wrote: »
    i bought a fake iphone that runs on java , was wondering if you know any good sites for it ?

Ask int eh Apple forum for iPhone related questions and its better to post a new thread than bump a 3 year old one, thanks

Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement