Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats the deal with art in sligo

Options
  • 27-05-2008 7:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

i hope to be starting in september... can anyone tell me what's the college like, the people, the drunknesses???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 paintkaz

hi -
    I'm a mature student just finished 1st year in Fine Arts in Sligo IT. What do ya want to know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 talancaine

hopefuly fine art too =D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 talancaine

hopefuly fine art too =D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 paintkaz

How much fun - drunkenness - whatever very much depends on your classmates. If you get in with a good group then it almost doesn't matter how good or bad the pub or the club you go to is- plus there are house parties :D
    There is a good thread about the pubs in Sligo which is fairly accurate from my experience. Gurns was popular with the Performing Arts Students this year. I'm not much of a clubber myself - this year I heard loads of complaints from students not from Sligo about the music in Envy. Apparently Toffs was the pits too.:eek:
    Best tip I can give you about Fine Art in Sligo IT is to enjoy yourself but try to keep up with the work from the start. Continuous asessment means that catching up for deadlines is a total pain in the butt and there are no exams to cram for and make up marks with. There is nothing to kill off your social life like pulling all nighters trying to finish a few pieces for a deadline. For most of us its a price worth paying to do art and not have any exams.
    Best part of this year was the trip to Madrid when we packed in a huge amount:o into only a few days and unlike ahem certain other courses at the IT none of us ended up being arrested.
    Want me to tell you more about the course itself or have you heard enough?:eek:

Advertisement