Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little boy racers

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Ah! The famous smashey road rage rears its ugly head again :D

Road markings appear to indicate an increase in this activity alright (not the road rage)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

have noticed it nearly any where the road has been resurfaced, seen on the stretch of road in south donegal, the road was re surfaced, doughnut markings near or close to where ever there was a slip road or any other road turning off it, as if the slip road was being used as a run up to it

crazy dangerious

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

They were at it on the road outside my house late last night wee feckers though one of them got a puncture gave me the c hance to go and have a wee word in his ear I think he got the message:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Smashey and Broxi_Bear_Eire, i commend you on your actions, hopefully these two drivers needed clean underwear after your little word-in-their-ear:D

Have noticed a good few more tyre marks around the dual carriageway in Letterkenny, especially at the trimragh junction and the old derry road.

Senna wrote: »
    Smashey and Broxi_Bear_Eire, i commend you on your actions, hopefully these two drivers needed clean underwear after your little word-in-their-ear:D

Have noticed a good few more tyre marks around the dual carriageway in Letterkenny, especially at the trimragh junction and the old derry road.

Dont know bout underwear but he needed two new tyres:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Never mind those boy racers - the old dudes are worse. I was driving between Lifford and Stranorlar behind this old dude in a brown Santa Fe. He was crawling along like a Double Sunday driver. As if that wasn't bad enough, it was an awful brown colour. And Why anyone in their right mind would buy a pterol one of these - I just don't understand.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

That bloke is a menace. :D
    Never mind those boy racers - the old dudes are worse. I was driving between Lifford and Stranorlar behind this old dude in a brown Santa Fe. He was crawling along like a Double Sunday driver. As if that wasn't bad enough, it was an awful brown colour. And Why anyone in their right mind would buy a pterol one of these - I just don't understand.... ;)

smashey wrote: »
    That bloke is a menace. :D
    Yeah I seen that bollocks on the road alright. Cant say that Ive ever seen anything wrong with his driving though as I've never been behind him. :cool:

A fine vehicle he drives imo

Rumour has it that he has a particular dislike of people living in Strabane and Lucan ;)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Ahahahahaha. Can't help but laugh! :D

I think people up in Lucan are very sophisticated, with all the improvments in to the M50 and outer ring road. A days worth of M50 traffic wouoldn't even put out the carbon emissions of a 2L petrol Santa Fe.

As for Strabane people, well I'd have nothing against them except for those turncoats who moved across there from Lifford. Talk about the rats abandoning the ship...:D

• Advertisement

We will have to get this back on topic again but.........

I think people up in Lucan are very sophisticated, with all the improvments in to the M50 and outer ring road. A days worth of M50 traffic wouoldn't even put out the carbon emissions of a 2L petrol Santa Fe.
    Your dirty tricks wont work - its not for sale ;)

As for Strabane people, well I'd have nothing against them except for those turncoats who moved across there from Lifford. Talk about the rats abandoning the ship...:D
    Couldnt agree more :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

Not wising to aggravate people here but Donegal has a very bad name in general regarding boy racers. There must be a league ladder now as we now have little boy racers. I was up in Letterkenny recently as we were filming the Grianan Theatre. The sound of the little ba$tards going by every few mins was so annoying that we had to use sound filters to filter out the noise from outside. They are inconsiderate, dim witted kids. We complained to the Gardai because we had arranged in advance that we were coming down and the shoot was for their upcoming performances. They didn't even show up. That was mind boggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

DenMan wrote: »
    Not wising to aggravate people here but Donegal has a very bad name in general regarding boy racers. There must be a league ladder now as we now have little boy racers. I was up in Letterkenny recently as we were filming the Grianan Theatre. The sound of the little ba$tards going by every few mins was so annoying that we had to use sound filters to filter out the noise from outside. They are inconsiderate, dim witted kids. We complained to the Gardai because we had arranged in advance that we were coming down and the shoot was for their upcoming performances. They didn't even show up. That was mind boggling.

There should be a noise prevention rule from all vehicles, as most of them just over do the rev'ing when around the main parts of any town, buncrana isn't as bad as years ago but still a few boy/girl racers about.

I think the worst offenders are the twin-cam drivers with their noisy exhausts. Gawd I hate those cars with a passion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

I would have thought a building designed as it is the theatre should have better sound proofing, if as much to keep its sound in.

Strange though that exhausts would be that loud or maybe we are just used to them. It is common enough to have guys driving around all towns at night, but I'd think its a first to hear of that type of interference.

Still perhaps it better that they cruise around town safely than rally on the main roads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

Letterkenny is the worst I've seen for boy racers. Every Saturday night theres a parade of idiots. Seen one dickhead doing donuts just past the court house in a black EVO V....what a nob. can't see why the Gardai just don't set upa couple of checkpoints and sort it out....it would be easy pickings and put an end to this crap

furtzy wrote: »
    can't see why the Gardai just don't set upa couple of checkpoints and sort it out....it would be easy pickings and put an end to this crap
    I asked a garda once as to why they couldnt pull the patrol car across the entrance to the car park in Ballybofey where these little pricks all congregate and block them in and then check every singly vehicle and driver.

His answer: We would only be seen as victimising them :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

muffler wrote: »
    I asked a garda once as to why they couldnt pull the patrol car across the entrance to the car park in Ballybofey where these little pricks all congregate and block them in and then check every singly vehicle and driver.

His answer: We would only be seen as victimising them :eek:

The Guard would probably be right. There's a large enough community of these guys and I know some of them have started to try and get a more responsibile attitude. Its time for those to stand up be counted and separate the men from the boys. In that case only the idiots would be weeded out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

In that case only the idiots would be weeded out.

Won't be many left then. Can't see why the gardai checking these guys cars and details can be seen as victimisation surely they're just doing their jobs. They would have a field day with a checkpoint on letterkenny main street with these clowns....eveything from non VRT, insurance, provisional licences, illegal plates etc etc

Was funny to see the people smoking outside the pubs shouting "W**kers" at them as they drove past again and again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Driving back from Donegal town yesterday I saw an articulated lorry pass a car and a camper at the same time. They were downing about fifty. A car started coming in the opisite direction so he horsed it back in in front of the camper and it swerved too much and he ended up straightening it up in the hard shoulder. Idiot. It was on the Bundoran bypass.

• Advertisement

Another thing with checkpoints is the fact that the boyracers text one another letting each other know where the checkpoints are and also if garda are coming in there direction

Advertisement