Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which xbox, premium or arcade?

• 27-05-2008 9:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Hi Guys,

My brothers birthday is coming up in a few weeks time and we are going to get him an Xbox. This is because two of us already have them (I have the elite and other bro the premium) so we have plenty of games etc for him to borrow. The problem is with cost and which one to get.

He will not be using Xbox live because we don’t have broadband at the home house and wont have it for some time. He will not have a flat screen HDTV but just a good old fashioned one.

I was considering getting the arcade version that doesn’t come with the Hard drive and was wondering would he even notice this? Assume you can still save your game progress anyways? I use a little portable hard drive to play divx on mine and will be giving him this to play all the movies etc.

Would appreciate anyone's thoughts on this.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,454 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

hey redd(irishkop?), the arcade pack comes with a 256mb memory card for saving games which should be plenty. im planning on getting an arcade soon as im in a very simliar position. i have no intention of going on LIVE and dont have a HD telly. he should be pleased with the arcade but i would suggest getting the premium if he has any intention of going on LIVE as 256mb is nowhere near enough for downloading updates, demos, maps etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I went for the premium one as even though i don't have BB if i ever am at a mates house that does i can update easily etc. plus if you are playing music while playing your games after a while the same album or so can get repetitive esp in driving games. It's just a nice little bonus i find. Plus you can get updates etc from magazines can't you? although i could be wrong on that.

Plus xtra vision is doing that 4 games and the premium for 299, the GF got it for me on my birthday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

premium, defo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

""""""""""Plus xtra vision is doing that 4 games and the premium for 299, the GF got it for me on my birthday! """""""""""

is this all extravisions? Might pop down to my local one after work! Is it any 4 games or four from a list/preselected 4 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

+1 for premium

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

""""""""""Plus xtra vision is doing that 4 games and the premium for 299, the GF got it for me on my birthday! """""""""""

is this all extravisions? Might pop down to my local one after work! Is it any 4 games or four from a list/preselected 4 games.

choice is halo 3, pgr4, forza 2, gears of war, buzz, Blue dragon and there might be another one or two.

think it's in all stores seen it in galway and letterkenny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 reddeagle

danniemcq wrote: »
    choice is halo 3, pgr4, forza 2, gears of war, buzz, Blue dragon and there might be another one or two.

think it's in all stores seen it in galway and letterkenny

Thanks everyone for the replying. Im really not sure which one to get. Im over in the UK at the moment and origianlly i was going to pick one up here and bring it home, but i dont think i could get a similiar deal over here that xtra vision is offering so you have me thinking.

The other thing, if i go with the arcade,the young fella wont have much cash to get a harddrive or anyhing like that so it probably will come back to me again!

might get one in extra vision when i get home this weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

My local xtravision are selling the 20GB(can't think which one that is) with GTA4 and Halo 3 for €299.

Advertisement