Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATPL Moral support

Options
  • 27-05-2008 9:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Hello everyone. Just wondering is there anyone out there currently banging there heads through the ATPL stuff. Im very near the end of it but im going a bit mad would be nice to chat with someone in the same position or recently though the system.Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

I'm not doing them at the moment, but am thinking about starting them sometime soon, doing part-time study. Do you mind me asking how much time you have devoted to study for them? What do you find are the toughest subjects?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Ockham

Im doing them full time and its probably taken about 5 months ish with a break for a bit of hour building in the middle.
    Toughest subject for me would have to be Met cant make it stay in my head. General Nav has its moments also and Aircraft General Knowledge is pretty vast so it can be intimidating.Online question banks helped me with the tough ones.By drilling through all the questions you can see a pattern emerge.Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

Bristol, Bristol, Bristol, Bristol, Bristol, Bristol.

Just do the question banks (bristol being one of them)

I'm supposed to be studying right now! Just can't get down to it. This will be my third go at the exams. I just hate study so much and always find something to distract myself.

So you are not the only one. Pm me if you have any questions.

Im terrible at disciplining myself aswell i also should be studying right now.Air Law is so breathtakingly boring.Are you heading to bristol for brush ups anytime soon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Ockham welcome to the Aviation forum and its very nice to have another person from Galway join the ranks!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

I'm currently in phase 1, 5 weeks into study in FTE.......probably won't get bristol until close to week 20, when the phase 1 exams begin.

Where are you guys who are studying part-time doing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

Ockham wrote: »
    Are you heading to bristol for brush ups anytime soon?

I'm not with Bristol. Just use the website and aviationexam.com as well.
    APM wrote: »
    I'm currently in phase 1, 5 weeks into study in FTE.......probably won't get bristol until close to week 20, when the phase 1 exams begin.

Where are you guys who are studying part-time doing it?

Forget the books. Just do the questions and refer to the books when you know which questions come up.

I'm with PTC myself.

Woohoo!! Passed all 14 exams with a 93% average :eek:. In the words of the great Alan Partridge "Back of the net".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

Congratulations! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭diverdriver

Congratulations! Now you can promptly forget 90% of it because you will never use it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭yaeger

Well done on the ATPLs, huge milestone and as mentioned now starts the period where you forget it all :-)
    Onwards and upwards with commercial flight tests and all the best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Well done.

Advertisement