Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 Broadband - E220 or E270 or E170 ?

Options
  • 27-05-2008 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Just wondering if anyone knows the differences, apart from the price between the three available O2 broadband modems?

Will the cheapest one limit me in the future speed wise etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

ebowdia wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Just wondering if anyone knows the differences, apart from the price between the three available O2 broadband modems?

Yep, I reckon the E270 is the one to go for if you want to eligible for future upgrades etc.

Actually at the moment I wouldn't recommend O2 Broadband to anyone. The speeds are very slow and I've had constant problems with the modem disconnecting from the internet every few minutes....

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭lynchie

ebowdia wrote: »
    Hi all,

E220 are the old white ones, stay away from them.

The E170 is a usb stick that plugs directly into your computer. The E270 is a dongle like the E220. The E270 has a slightly better antenna internally due to its larger size but apart from that they both are identical in terms of firmware / software.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭ebowdia

Thanks guys....

Advertisement