Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All about Debs

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

For my debs, I paid for the tickets and the dress myself, got the dress on some American website, it was fabulous and cost less than 100 euro, didn't want to ask the mother for any money, went with a guy I used to work with (He was tall enough), didn't get trashed, had a friend do my hair, bought my own jewelery and got the bus with the rest of the year instead of a limo or fancy car, and the wonderful mammy insisted on buying my shoes (Cinders, Newbridge, less than 40euro)

I think spent a LOAD of money on this even is ridiculous, I had a brilliant night, it wasn't overly expensive and I wouldn't particularly change anything if I had to. It was just nice.

Don't see the point in spending loads of money on her debs, planning it so much in advance... etc. Some people I know could have bought a car/lived off their debs funds for the college year.

Madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭geminilady

awh the debs!! i think my debs tickets were around 65 euro each. i got my dress in tk maxx, no one knew it was from there and no one had the same dress and it only cost me 50 euro! it was really nice, a long slim type! not the big ball gown ones. trick is to go to one far away and go there really early and have a proper look cause some of the nice ones could be hidden away. It was a few sizes to big when i bought but i had it altered so it then fitted lovely.
    The venue was good and we arrived by bus.

I think the debs is overated, personally. All that money on just like a disco, the meal wasnt too special either. But i suppose its a rite of passage!!

My tickets were 60 euro in 2003 for two
    My dress was baby blue (think cinderellas dress when she went to the ball). It cost 200 euro.
    Corset, thin strapped and big huge skirt. Hair was in an upstyle with curls and plaits weaved throughout.
    Had a great time, I mostly remember spending about 200 euro on fatfrogs hehe
    Sure i had my own money so it was no bother
    I went with a guy i was with at the time and it was a really special night \o/

Advertisement