Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestion for TLL and BGRH

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

jsb wrote: »
    well if we all did that there would only be one post in this thread
    DesF wrote: »
    roffle.

Lol. Such bitterness over a suggestion to change a forum you use.

Quite silly, don't you think? I mean, you're both grown men, aren't you? And you're carrying on like this over an internet forum?

Christ, I'd hate to see how you'd react to someone suggesting something that actually personally affects you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I would see it as being as simple as people posting in forums that allow a bit more community. This will obviously generate some more banter and chit chat. The folk in both forums have established smaller and defined communities within the larger boards community. It is the same on Fitness, MA and Photography ( currently my other most active forums ).

It's not a matter of post count, it's a matter of you see lots of the posts as being somehow irrelevant because they are just banter.

I like the banter, it keeps me sane when my Kohonen Models keep falling over.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

well if we all did that there would only be one post in this thread

Hehe.There'd be plenty in feedback generally though including the "Thank You,Boards.ie" cringefest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Degsy wrote: »
    Hehe.There'd be plenty in feedback generally though including the "Thank You,Boards.ie" cringefest!

quoted

for truth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Fine but if you turn it of for BGRH and tLL then turn it off for AH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Thaedydal wrote: »

lol :D

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Sounds good but I'd go one step further (as was mentioned earlier) and just disable it site wide really.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

quoted

for truth

I beleive the technical term is "High-End Brown-Nosing to Big Yourself Up!"

Degsy wrote: »
    I beleive the technical term is "High-End Brown-Nosing to Big Yourself Up!"

Is it indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

And so DegsFy was born.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Yawn. If it was anyone other than Rb who started this thread and made the same observation Des, you wouldn't have reacted the way in which you did, and Degsy would have no more interest in it than he does in Dave McSavage's next gig.

Seriously, deal with the issue not the poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Rb wrote: »
    Lol. Such bitterness over a suggestion to change a forum you use.

Quite silly, don't you think? I mean, you're both grown men, aren't you? And you're carrying on like this over an internet forum?

Christ, I'd hate to see how you'd react to someone suggesting something that actually personally affects you.

mmm interesting. you respond by calling my post childish and would hate to see what I would be like if someone personally attacks me when in fact it was pretty much the same as yours aimed at degsy, so therefore you are just as bad.

but then we already knew that didn't we

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Yawn. If it was anyone other than Rb who started this thread and made the same observation Des, you wouldn't have reacted the way in which you did, and Degsy would have no more interest in it than he does in Dave McSavage's next gig.

Lets not get into the whole Degsy and Me thing. All I'll say is we negotiated a deal with an admin recently, and he's proved himself to be incapable of keeping his end of it (and at the same time proving me right again about everything I've said about his behaviour recently). I'll let the admin in question deal with it, there's no need for the thread to descend into it yet again.

Regarding DesF, God knows, must have just woken up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

What makes you think I ever had anything against Rb, afair this is, in fact, the first time we've ever interacted.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

What makes you think I ever had anything against Rb, afair this is, in fact, the first time we've ever interacted.

Then why so immediately hostile to him over what was a genuine query?

Clearly you have some preformed misconception of him considering you quoted his 'Thank You' thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Sounds good but I'd go one step further (as was mentioned earlier) and just disable it site wide really.

This has been done again and again it is a helpful tool for the mods and the admins and anything which helps stays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

Who.....

cares....

mmm interesting. you respond by calling my post childish and would hate to see what I would be like if someone personally attacks me when in fact it was pretty much the same as yours aimed at degsy, so therefore you are just as bad.

but then we already knew that didn't we

There's a history to the comment regarding him that you may or may not be aware of, however there's no history between you and I.

Regardless of how you saw my comment towards him, it was more a statement of fact than a dig. Whereas, given that your comment towards me has no history behind it, it can only be taken as a dig at me. Why you feel the need to throw digs at me over a suggestion about a forum, I don't know, maybe you could answer that?

• Advertisement

about....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Postcount++

postcounts.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Attention whoring/sh1t stirring by Rb

Pick some popular fora, well liked with regular dedicated posters.....check
    Suggest an unpopular change......check
    Make a sly dig at these posters (post count whores, posts are of the same level as Bebo etc)......check
    Post in feedback......check
    Act all innocent as if its a serious suggestion......check

Some nice work there. You are quite a clever guy, I mean that seriously. I think you did this too early in your trollish/badass to nice guy who supports charity transformation though.

Then why such hostility over something which really amounts to nothing in the grand scale of things? It was merely a suggestion, it's not like I'm have a go at you, yet the reaction from yourself has been, well, odd really.

Vegeta wrote: »

Make a sly dig at these posters (post count whores, posts are of the same level as Bebo etc)......check
    Wrong.

Also, why would it be an unpopular change if noone cares about post counts? Is that to say, those reacting negatively towards it care about post counts? Or are you saying that you care about post counts and are presuming they do too?

Okay.The tone of the thread was offensive from the get-go..calling people "attention whores","suggesting" the disabling of the post count for these fora simply because he didnt,in his superior way feel anything of substance was being said there.I really wonder how the admins at boards ran anything before he arrived with all his "suggestions".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Can we get this re-opened please?

Then why such hostility over something which really amounts to nothing in the grand scale of things? .
    Why suggest it then.

Look dude, you've gotten what you wanted, a bit of attention.

I should have seen it from the start tbh.

I'm out of this thread after this post.

It was merely a suggestion, it's not like I'm have a go at you, yet the reaction from yourself has been, well, odd really.
    It wasn't clear from the start that you weren't having a go at me.

Here, read this
    I was having a read through The Ladies Lounge and BGRH and noticed that there's an immense amount of post count whoring going on

It's an attack on everyone who posts in these forums, you say now that it isn't, but I don't believe you.

You don't post there, they have zero to do with you, so why do you care?

Do you think it would make Boards run better?

If so, then please explain why, because otherwise, it's just attention seeking, well done, you've succeeded, again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Vegeta wrote: »

Some nice work there. You are quite a clever guy, I mean that seriously. I think you did this too early in your trollish/badass to nice guy who supports charity transformation though.
    Nail on the head.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement