Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Husband wants to treat his wife - beauty treatments in Co. Cork

Options
  • 27-05-2008 9:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hi

I need some help to work out the best place to send my lovely lady to get a few things done.

I'd like to send her for a back, neck and shoulder massage, pedicure and manicure, but she's only looking for a wax. The rest is a surprise.

I dont know anything about this stuff plus I'm new to Cork, so dont know anywhere that could do this. If its all under one roof that would be great. Anywhere in County Cork would be ok, and cost is only a marginal concern (gotta spend a little for our anniversary :-).

If anyone has any ideas from experience that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Sean

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

seanpu1 wrote: »
    If anyone has any ideas from experience that would be greatly appreciated.

I've been to Cork and from my experience, the best advice I have is that you move out of the county.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 seanpu1

Lol, thanks for the tip. So what about surrounding counties for beauty treatments?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

Sanctuary Spa in tullamore!
    FTW

Sanctuary Spa looks VERY good!Thats on my short list, although it is a little out of our way, it looks worth it. (might undo all that relaxing driving back tho , have to stay overnight :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Rochestown Park hotel, their spa is fab. Not sure they do waxing, but they do pretty much everything else. They offer different priced packages that you can buy vouchers for online...you do need to book in advance though. My mum and sis have been there and gave it a big thumbs up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

PS: Link for Rochestown Park :D

Rochestown Park Spa Package Details

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

Inchdoney in West Cork. Set out on the beautiful beach and ive heard great things about the spa.

Best of luck! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Or if you're feeling a bit flush, Inchydoney House Hotel & Spa outside Clonakilty.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

Jinx Dudess :P

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

The spa at the Carlton in Kinsale is fab. Couldn't recommend it highly enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

The Escape Spa in the Imperial Hotel in the city centre is fabulous, it has a relaxation room with a small pool. I've never been to the Inchadonnay place but I've never heard anything bad about it, I'd love to go myself and it's near the sea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

If you want to stick with Cork city there's also Maryborough House Hotel in Douglas and The Kingsley Hotel by County Hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

ellscurr wrote: »
    PS: Link for Rochestown Park :D

Rochestown Park Spa Package Details

I bought a voucher here for a friend in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

new hotel in Castlemartyr, its 5 star plus. good rates if you book Sun/Thurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Rb wrote: »
    I've been to Cork and from my experience, the best advice I have is that you move out of the county.

Erm he asked for Cork?? So we'll give him Cork.

I also would suggest Inchydoney House Hotel & Spa. Beautiful.

Wow, you guys have been excellent! Thanks for all the tips!

Just to let you know I have decided to go for Maryborough Hotel Spa, Douglas, Cork, only because doing a wax AND massage isn't a great idea on one day. So the wax she'll know about, but the message will be a surprise the next day :D

However, Inchydoney Island Spa is next on the list, and for all of us! It looks great plus the scenery is fantastic and we can go for a long walk afterwards.

Thanks to everyone for your help! And for the tips about evacuation from Cork, I'll think about that ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Hope she enjoys it :)

And Cork is great (even though I evacuated lol) :)

Advertisement