Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bread Recipe

• 27-05-2008 9:59am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I began this post looking for a specific bread recipe only to discover half-ways through that I wasn't too sure of the name of the loaf I wanted to bake !

In Clonmel (and probably elsewhere) there is a type of loaf you can get locally known as a grinder. It's a large white loaf, not normally sliced, and has a very doughy, moist texture, very similar to German Partybrot.

50545186.JPG

So if anyone can temm me the generic name (if it exists) that'd be great. If anyone can give me the recipe than i'll come along to their house and bake for them :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭mildews

Hi Ponster, When you say similar to the picture, does the bread you are describing have seeds on top? I have a recipe for a bread similar to the one in the picture, that is usually made up of 6 rounds baked together which is known as "Seed Bread"

OR, you could try this link, which brings you to an american recipe for "grinder bread" which seems to be a very light dough.

http://www.roadfood.com/forums/post.asp?method=ReplyQuote&REPLY_ID=356448&TOPIC_ID=24340&FORUM_ID=8

Hope it helps!!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

The only simularity between the pic and my grinder is the texture of the bread really (doughy). I'll call my brother and get him to buy one and photograph it :)

I'll try that recipe this weekend though !

Advertisement